USB expert menu LG OLED TVs

Hi
Does anyone know how to enter USB expert mode on modern OLED LG TV (pref 2019+)

Either on the settings page (there used to be a way of pressing 7 or Fav x7 times to bring it up) or with the engineering menu.

If you go into the engineering menu, USB expert is greyed out and cannot be changed, so I am guessing there is a keypress needed?

I need to use it to downgrade a firmware (yes I know, leave it alone...its a long story)

Thanks

shotokan101

Suspended
Got access to an iPhone?

Hi
I go into the engineering menu and USB expert is greyed out.

I have tried the sure app but it just flashes on screen then goes off, I think you need USB expert on (don't know how) before it works.

I watched someone else use the Sure app and their screen seemed different. Mine flashes up.
Expert Mode 1 (alert mode)

I am sure the one I saw a screen capture of said mode 2 or something other than alert?

shotokan101

Suspended
Did you click through that article and read the comments?

shotokan101

Suspended
Do you mean the DNS way via PC? sadly that stopped working on 2019+ TVs. LG changed something that stops that working.

<<<>>>
If you have an iPhone this app works: Smartify - LG TV Remote by Kraftwerk 9 Inc ‎Smartify - LG TV Remote

Free version is fine, don’t bother purchasing the Pro upgrade.

Pairs over WiFi like the Sure app, then just hit the “Apps” button and scroll down near the bottom to find the “Software update” option. It’ll trigger the advanced software update menu. Select the firmware on your USB drive with your normal LG remote.

Downgraded my E8 from 4.10.31 back to 4.10.20 this evening and it worked fine.
<<<>>>

Yeah I tried that, but in the apps its nothing but apps, nothing about update or anything.
Just the apps you normally see, but that is on Android, not sure if iPhone is different or they removed the setting?

shotokan101

Suspended
Just to downgrade firmware. It can only be done in the USB expert menu which is greyed out, even in the engineering menu. So either they have a way to enter it (maybe LG people only) or its turned off for good.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom