USB Digital TV Tuner with video/audio out

pragmatic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm loking for a usb digital tuner (so i can record via software ect) which also has video and audio out connections.

So i can use a single box for TV STB stuff and Also record with it, also a vga video out would also be acceptable in replacement/enchacment to the other outputs.

The last thing on the wish list would be that it has some sort of digital sound and and maybe even a radioo tuner.

Does anyone know of any devices that come even close to this? :thumbsup:

Thanks, it doesn't look like its got interacive functions i.e. red and digital text but it seems to satisfy most the criteria. Does anyone know of any others?

The DEC2000 does support interactive services in PC mode & a half-baked 7day EPG but neither are much fun to use. The recording functions are primitive and unreliable and can be difficult to get working at all.

You'd be better off buying a relatively cheap STB & a dedicated PC DVB card. Won't cost much more than a DEC2000 and will be better all round with one possible exception: RGB playback through the DEC2000 is higher quality than many PC TV outs - but many people can't get it working acceptably well and it falls over the moment you do more than just let a programme play.

Not sure if there are any comparable products around (couldn't find any when I looked) but its probable you're better off with separate devices anyway.

Thanks for your advice, and to be honest it about as much as I thought. I have a Tv tunner box which lets me watch tv on my TFT without the computer on, and i just broke my STB before i got to really try it.

I was gonna have to buy another STB but i tought if i could get one with a usb as well then i could record when the computers on and just watch otherwise.

Are there any HD set top boxes that have a Usb or network connection so i could copy the recorded stuff over if i want too, as i think this would be a better solution anyway (I hate noise and a stb is likey to be quiter than at least one of my pcs), also have better reliability and instant i want to record that while i'm in bed convience.

gazbarber said:
Are there any HD set top boxes that have a Usb or network connection so i could copy the recorded stuff over if i want too, as i think this would be a better solution anyway
Just the Topfield 5800 currently available, or you could import a Gigaset M740 and gamble on updating it if/when Siemens launch a UK version.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom