USB Connection

bob mushroom

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect a PS2 or XBOX to my PC monitor via a USB connection? If it is where can I get the lead

Alternatively,

I have a TV card in the PC but only conection is S-video or normal RF lead can you get adapter for these? as I only have the normal yellow,white &red leads.

Thanks

You cannot link the PS2 or XBox to a PC via USB (Well, not for video use anyway). If you want to connect your PS2 or XBox to your computer you can use a S-video cable, or for better quality, can link it directly to your monitor via a VGA box or cable.

Rich

there is a way of doing it via usb
they sell a tv card at pcworld called wintv (i think) which is all through usb but at £50 or more its not worth it and thats going to be a normal video in like the one you have.
Quality isnt going to be the best using this method.

also you could simply buy a svhs to Composite Video Convertor (http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=031223003920134&moduleno=28733) from any decent component shop (i recommend maplins) which is what i did for my camcorder, that would let you plug in the RCA leads you already have (red white and yellow)

the best and easiest way will be to buy a vga box just like phenom said

Answered my own stupid question!!!

I have posted again for further information

Mods please feel free to close this link

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom