1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB connection from HD3 to PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dreamweaver, Aug 29, 2005.

1. dreamweaver

dreamweaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm using an old PIII PC which doesn't have native USB 2 support . So I bought a PCI USB 2 card , the onboard controller chip is ALi . I could connect eeverything at USB2 speed but not HD3 , it always shows "Not recognized device" .

If someone here also uses PCI USB2 card and successfully connected , could you please check your controller chip name . I saw on the market where I live they have 3 types : ALi chip , Via VT 6212L , and NEC 0720100AGM .

Also it is strange that both PCI USB 1.0 and PCI USB 2.0 use VIA VT 6212L , the only difference is that USB 1 has 2 ports , USB 2 has 4 ports . Why do they do that ?

Thanks for any info , I need to buy the new PCI USB urgently , :rolleyes: it's too slow to trasnfer with USB1 port on my mainboard.

2. dreamweaver

dreamweaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please ...

3. mrflabby

mrflabby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My computer is also a PIII and I got a Conceptronic (never again!!!) PCI card with 4 usb 2.0 ports. It's running under the same driver and I see the same promblems you see. I posted a message on a Microsoft official Windows XP forum and the answer was unanymous. The card is crap! I was recommended an Adaptec instead.

I know how frustrating it gets. :suicide:

4. dreamweaver

dreamweaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( this is weird . I ask a man at Sony and he has no idea why too .