• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

USB cable

sep8001

Prominent Member
The pin that plugs into the phone is a different shape to the standard USB chargers you get, for example the one that come with the MDA Vario or with USB camera's.

However I can plug in my MDA Vario one in the Hero and it seems to charge and work, will this damage the pin in any way?

What have other people bought to charge their hero when they are not at home.

Thank you

def

Established Member
The Hero uses a EXT USB port, so it can charge, send audio, have a USB connection etc all from the same port. It's totally compatible with mini-USB though. I regularly charge my Hero with my business phone Blackberry Perl charger. Works just fine.

JMWS

Established Member
Yes a mini usb will charge the hero without any problem, however I found that it would not sync phone data with my PC. Instead sync would only work with an EXT USB cable.

Got round this by using an old mini usb cable to charge at work and using supplied ext usb cable at home.:thumbsup: Have also started to rely more on using my PC to sync with my google account and having my phone 'data sync' with google .... (if that makes sense!!):D

Ch3tan

Established Member
No it won't damage the pin, I use whatever USB cable is around for charging or syncing. From my camera's USB lead, to the charge lead for my ps3 controller. Both work for charging and syncing, so not sure what JMWS is talking about.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom