USB caard reader not recognised

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by welshpet, Dec 27, 2011.

1. welshpet

welshpet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, and a Happy New Year to you all.

I'm having a problem with my USB 2.0 card reader. For some reason my computer has stopped recognising it and a window pops up every time I connect it to my desktop 'One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.'
    I have been trying to solve this myself since Christmas, but with no luck whatsoever so decided to see if someone on this forum can help???
    I have been on the Microsoft website to see if I can download a driver or get some advice, but no luck!!!
    If someone has experienced this problem and has some advice I would be really grateful. I have been using this card reader with no problems at all, and have tried it on my other USB ports, but they all come up with the same message when I connect the card reader to each one.
    Thank you in advance if you think you have some advice.
    Kind regards
    Petula :confused: