Usb audio device not working

Gazaman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My laptop doesn't have a "mic in" 3.5mm jack so I've always used a USB adaptor no probs. Now I've come to use it and it won't work. It doesn't require a driver but for some reason my laptop thinks it does and device manager states it is unable to find it. I think it says error 28.
I've since bought another adaptor thinking the old one may be faulty but it's exactly the same.
Any ideas other than fresh windows install?
Could really do with this sorting ASAP.
I've tried deleting the devices on device manager and trying different USB ports.....its the same on all.
Any help appreciated,
Gaz

Can you force it to use a stock microsoft audio driver ?.

If you go to update driver and instead choose manually from the list and there might be a generic MS audio driver or mic driver and see if that works with it.

Can you force it to use a stock microsoft audio driver ?.

If you go to update driver and instead choose manually from the list and there might be a generic MS audio driver or mic driver and see if that works with it.
I tried everything. I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows. All works as it should now.
Thanks for taking the time to reply though 👍
Gaz

When using device manager to remove or delete devices you should always remember to go to 'View' - Show Hidden Devices' If a problem develops with a device, or its not recognised it can sometimes be greyed out or hidden, and this can cause conflicts when an attempt is made to reinstall.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom