USB Adapter with a Wireless Router – Help!

MahaRaja

Hi everyone:)

Received an Echolife wireless broadband router from Talk Talk, but having difficulty in going wireless. After successful connecting in a ‘wired state’ however when I tried to go wireless, with a Belkin USB Adapter, I got a message in status ‘poor or limited connection’.

I moved my Desktop PC from my living room where the BT socket was, after connecting successfully with the Ethernet cable. I then moved the PC, which runs on XP to my bedroom and then connected the Belkin USB Adapter, when I encounterd this problem. I live in a flat.

Just wanted to know if the Belkin is faulty, I got it from a friend for a tenner, he bough it couple of months ago.

Graham_IoM

Wireless does need configuring though. It won't just work.

I've got Belkin kit aswell (router and wireless NICs) and have found the NIC software to be pain in the arse. The Belkin software sits in between Windows and the Windows wireless utility so you're stuck with their utility.

Anyhoo, there's a little icon in the system tray (bottom right of screen by the clock and looks like an antenna) which you can right click and then try clicking on repair. This has to be done on mine at least twice before it works.

Belkin hardware is good but their software is crap in my opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom