• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

USA XBOX 360 Identification

AMCross

Prominent Member
Is there anyway from the rear of a x360 that you can tell if its a american model ?

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
Is there anyway from the rear of a x360 that you can tell if its a american model ?

I'm not sure if there is mate. I have US and UK ones at home so will have a look later but I dont think it says anything obvious on the actual console. Obviously power supply is a giveaway but doesn't mean it came with that particular console.
Any particular reason ?

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Does the console have the DVD region logo somehwere on it, so a US one would have the the 1 logo ( :r1: ) and possibly mention NTSC, as opposed to 2 ( :r2: ) and PAL for example.

AMCross

Prominent Member
i was waiting for the wisecracks :rotfl:

no region code or anything on case

psu is the same with a eurolead on it so cannot work it out

however was told its a usa one but region 1 dvd's do not play :thumbsdow

beasty54

Distinguished Member
The simple answer is ... if it doesn't play Region 1 DVDs then it isn't a US machine i'm afraid

I was also under the impression the PSUs wern't switching because mine says 200-240 volts so surely if it was a US PSU and the inputs only 230V, it would blow???

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
The PSU's aren't switching but you can use a UK PSU unit with a US console and vice versa cos the power from the PSU into the console is the same, the only difference is the power into the PSU.

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
i was waiting for the wisecracks :rotfl:

no region code or anything on case

psu is the same with a eurolead on it so cannot work it out

however was told its a usa one but region 1 dvd's do not play :thumbsdow

another way to tell is if you turn the console on with a composite av cable plugged in..a UK machine will have a setting for PAL60 in the video settings menu, a US or Jpn machine wont. :thumbsup:

beasty54

Distinguished Member
The PSU's aren't switching but you can use a UK PSU unit with a US console and vice versa cos the power from the PSU into the console is the same, the only difference is the power into the PSU.

Yeah i know that but the way he mentions the PSU and the euro lead, i got the impression he was saying it should be a US PSU but just with the UK lead connected.... Anyway its clearly not a US machine if its not playing region 1 DVDs

AMCross

Prominent Member
well i got it :thumbsup:

it does not play Region 1 or 2 dvd's :thumbsdow

it does have a 240vac psu and plug lead

AMCross

Prominent Member
hong kong machine :smashin:

i think you could be right :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom