USA - racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no such crime as racist against whites

If that's true. It's PC BS.

Just because I'm white it's not racism. Substitute my skin colour for any other and make the attackers white. It's automatic racism.

Anyway, this is diverting away from the thread topic....

I’m a little confused and utterly shocked by all of this now and how it’s evolving.

I’ve now seen white people start kneeling in front of black people and asking for forgiveness.

I don’t support this in the slightest, the whole idea is demented.

What a load of bull.

If a race is disriminated by another race, thats racism.

It doesnt say only if your not white 😏
It’s not bs , I know a white couple that tried to report harassment and racism to the police and council (they did live in a very rough area) only to be told ,it’s not possible to report it as racism, ,again this was several years ago, plus really does not effect the USA problem.

How is that relevant to the conversation?

This really is not a subject where people will agree upon, it's emotive and brings out bias and long standing issues with others and arguments can pretty much be guaranteed.
However, for the sake of not wishing to ignore direct question, let me just reply to that direct query you put to me above, which was.
"Are you saying George Floyd somehow brought his death upon himself?"

Of course, he did not deserve to die.
Reports, which are mixed right now appear to say he was very drunk
Bought goods with a counterfeit $20 bill, which led to the police being called as standard procedure, Had to be physically removed from his car due to refusing to comply with officers requests.
Then refusing to get into the police car claiming claustrophobia, which sadly ended in his tragic death as we have seen.

So did his actions in any way bring about his own death?

Well.....?

The problem is now, that we are again in a point where you are not allowed to say anything for fear of people calling you a racist or something similar.

Why is the question ridiculous in your eyes? The thoughts and opinions @Tempest has posted shows he believes that simply being black is a reason for people to believe you're likely to behaving immorally or criminally. @rustybin has asked a reasonable question in light of that, I think.

OK, let's assume Mr Floyd was being a little arsey, a little mouthy, towards the arresting officer. If that was you having a cop kneel on your neck, would you expect that you deserve to be killed by him in those moments (whatever the cop's reasons turn out to be)?

Just wish to clarify I do not think that, and do not wish anything I post to come over in that manner.
Being such a sensitive subject, we are typing on egg-shells here, and it's of course easy for something we type to be read in a slightly different way to how it was meant to be read.
I think we all need to understand this when reading others comments here.

Everyone should act and be treated equally, and not use any past event as a reason of justification for any negative actions happening today.

That would be as crazy as say me being rude to young Germans today, because half a century ago other Germans killed my grandfather. I should not use that as justification of an action today against a totally different and unrelated human being.

Let's reverse the angle, who recognises this young girl?

_111422880_emilyjones.jpg

This really is not a subject where people will agree upon, it's emotive and brings out bias and long standing issues with others and arguments can pretty much be guaranteed.
However, for the sake of not wishing to ignore direct question, let me just reply to that direct query you put to me above, which was.
"Are you saying George Floyd somehow brought his death upon himself?"

Of course, he did not deserve to die.
Reports, which are mixed right now appear to say he was very drunk
Bought goods with a counterfeit $20 bill, which led to the police being called as standard procedure, Had to be physically removed from his car due to refusing to comply with officers requests.
Then refusing to get into the police car claiming claustrophobia, which sadly ended in his tragic death as we have seen.

So did his actions in any way bring about his own death?

Well.....?

The problem is now, that we are again in a point where you are not allowed to say anything for fear of people calling you a racist or something similar.
I'll take that as a yes.

Me. She was murdered 20mins from my house.

As far as I'm aware she wasn't killed by an active police officer.

The whataboutary has been taken to a new level of ridiculousness even by these forum's standards.

My point being there are no marches, no media coverage, complete media blackout.

Racial justice should not be limited by the colour of your skin.

My point being there are no marches, no media coverage, complete media blackout.

Racial justice should not be limited by the colour of your skin.

How often are little girls (or boys for that matter) stabbed to death in British parks?

There is no equivalence or relevance to what's happening today in the United States.

How often are little girls (or boys for that matter) stabbed to death in British parks?

There is no equivalence or relevance to what's happening today in the United States.

One is too many.

Why are we talking about America and its issues then? It has nothing to do with us?

Why not discuss the 22000 sexual abused children by gangs in the North? Why not discuss why no one marched for Lee Rigby when he was murdered?

It's racial inequality, that's why.

One is too many.

Why are we talking about America and its issues then? It has nothing to do with us?

Why not discuss the 22000 sexual abused children by gangs in the North? Why not discuss why no one marched for Lee Rigby when he was murdered?

It's racial inequality, that's why.
Check out the thread title.

There is already at least one very active thread discussing the sexual abuse.

Lee Rigby's death was hijacked by the EDL and other racist groups. As horrific as the situation was, it was hardly a weekly occurrence so not sure why a march was required. It was already all over the country's consciousness.

Just senseless and pathetic.

Skin colour is irrelevant, I‘d feel the same in each situation regardless of skin colour but in this case they happen mostly black

One word summaries of my reaction to recent events in the US

Killing by police of apprehended person - DISGUST
Peaceful protests - RESPECT
Looting - DISGUST

Cheers,

Nigel

Skin colour is irrelevant, I‘d feel the same in each situation regardless of skin colour but in this case they happen mostly black

One word summaries of my reaction to recent events in the US

Killing by police of apprehended person - DISGUST
Peaceful protests - RESPECT
Looting - DISGUST

Cheers,

Nigel

With that video, where are the police?
I'll tell you where they are, they are a few streets away tear gassing protestors.

With that video, where are the police?
I'll tell you where they are, they are a few streets away tear gassing protestors.
Holding back most likely, there’s been lots of reports on shop owners saying where’s the police.

I posted earlier about this the simple answer is no, there is no such crime as racist against whites (my info is from at least 5 years ago) you could report it as being harassed or if you were hit it’s assault, but not for racism.
On the subject of racism/general inequality/whatever it’s classed as in the USA there was a chance of meaningful action/discussion, but that window of opportunity is closing quickly with all the looting and riots, and that’s a real shame.

Absolute drivel and clueless.

Check out the thread title.

There is already at least one very active thread discussing the sexual abuse.

Lee Rigby's death was hijacked by the EDL and other racist groups. As horrific as the situation was, it was hardly a weekly occurrence so not sure why a march was required. It was already all over the country's consciousness.

Hijacked? Really, EDL demo openly about terrorism, Lee died in a terrorist attack.

Floyd was murdered by a white police officer, Black lives matter; demo about black's being victims of racist attacks.

Why is one a hijack?

Absolute drivel and clueless.
Why , I don’t mind you saying it, but I’d like to know why, only from what I’ve seen on tv and the internet, there really seems a chance for change, even police are taking the knee with protesters, when has that happened before, but the riots/looting, seem to me to be closing that window of opportunity.

Hijacked? Really, EDL demo openly about terrorism, Lee died in a terrorist attack.

Floyd was murdered by a white police officer, Black lives matter; demo about black's being victims of racist attacks.

Why is one a hijack?

Because the EDL are a fascist, racist group. And the two incidents are incomparible - unless someone has an agenda, obviously.

Because the EDL are a fascist, racist group. And the two incidents are incomparible - unless someone has an agenda, obviously.

If the EDL behaved like the current black lives matter group are now there would be uproar. They are both ridiculous IMO. They have both hijacked the situations if you want to use that word.

If the EDL behaved like the current black lives matter group are now there would be uproar. They are both ridiculous IMO. They have both hijacked the situations if you want to use that word.
Whataboutary.

Has anyone seen the James Corden video?

goodness me this is becoming absurd. Pure fake nonsense now.

As more time goes on, this is becoming less about a man being wrongfully killed by the police and more about an attack on the civilised in America by the uncivilised, who don’t want to work to better themselves, they just want to take from those who have worked. I’m not one second suggesting that the civilised are the white folk.

two video clips, first from the LA Riots and second the recent riots.

Last edited:
Watching LiveLeak I am now not sure if it is about Black Life's Matter or 85inch OLED is Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom