USA Ipod Nano's Advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tbathgate, Oct 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tbathgate

    tbathgate
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

    This is my first post so please bear with me.

    Ok i am importing Ipod 4gb nano's from the USA. A potential buyer has asked me if you need a plug adapter for UK plugs.

    I have checked everywhere i can find to see what comes with the nano and all it says is that you get a usb cable for charging and transferring music.

    Does this come with a separate power adapter that will require a power 2 pin to 3 pin adapter or am i getting confused here?

    Any help at all would be most appreciated.

    Ta

    Tom
     
  2. Cloysterpeteuk

    Cloysterpeteuk
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2005
    Messages:
    4,688
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Location:
    Whitby, North Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    It won't come with ANY power adapter, nano's are only shipped with the usb cable so all you can charge with is the usb cable unless you buy the power adapter seperate.

    Luckily I still had the wall charger from my old ipod and my brother bought a generic wall charger from ebay for £5.
     
  3. IanPM

    IanPM
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2004
    Messages:
    389
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've never actually charged my HD5 with the wall socket, I always just plug it into the USB. This is because I have no wall sockets left in my room, and any other extension leads would be a small fire risk.
     
  4. Cloysterpeteuk

    Cloysterpeteuk
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2005
    Messages:
    4,688
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Location:
    Whitby, North Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    It's too inconvienient for me, I was under the impression that over usb it would charge if the wall switches were powered on, I didn't know the PC had to be on as well so to charge with USB would be wasting tons of electricity for the PC and giving a slower charge time for the pod, real environmentally friendly products these lol.

    With the wall charger it goes to 80% in a hour, then another hour for the remaining 20%.
     
  5. tbathgate

    tbathgate
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

    Thanks all for your speedy response in clearing this matter up for me.

    I can now answer the buyers question.

    Thanks again

    Tom
     

Share This Page

Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice