USA Ipod Nano's Advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tbathgate, Oct 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tbathgate

tbathgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

This is my first post so please bear with me.

Ok i am importing Ipod 4gb nano's from the USA. A potential buyer has asked me if you need a plug adapter for UK plugs.

I have checked everywhere i can find to see what comes with the nano and all it says is that you get a usb cable for charging and transferring music.

Does this come with a separate power adapter that will require a power 2 pin to 3 pin adapter or am i getting confused here?

Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Ta

Tom

2. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    It won't come with ANY power adapter, nano's are only shipped with the usb cable so all you can charge with is the usb cable unless you buy the power adapter seperate.

Luckily I still had the wall charger from my old ipod and my brother bought a generic wall charger from ebay for £5.

3. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've never actually charged my HD5 with the wall socket, I always just plug it into the USB. This is because I have no wall sockets left in my room, and any other extension leads would be a small fire risk.

4. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    It's too inconvienient for me, I was under the impression that over usb it would charge if the wall switches were powered on, I didn't know the PC had to be on as well so to charge with USB would be wasting tons of electricity for the PC and giving a slower charge time for the pod, real environmentally friendly products these lol.

With the wall charger it goes to 80% in a hour, then another hour for the remaining 20%.

5. tbathgate

tbathgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Thanks all for your speedy response in clearing this matter up for me.

I can now answer the buyers question.

Thanks again

Tom