USA Account On HD Swap Over Possible Password Issue

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by weaponx031277, Apr 26, 2016.

1. weaponx031277

weaponx031277

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    Ive got two accounts (UK + USA) on my PS4. Im going to swap my HD out for a 2TB due to a lack of space.The US account is linked to a UK email address and ive forgotten the password for it as ive had it on auto sigh in. Now the issue im possibly facing is that if i try and request a new password on the US account because i have a UK email address it won't get issued. Ive had two people tell me about this now.

I don't want to go doing anything yet as ive got quite a bit of stuff through the US account. Has anyone had any experience or issues like this happen to them?

2. Nakatsu_Hime

Nakatsu_Hime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    If you request a new password, it will indeed send stuff through to the account's email account. The fact it's a UK email account should not matter. As long as you know the email account password. I can say this as I expect thousands of people have their PSN accounts linked to AOL, Hotmail or Outlook emails, which can be all .com or .net, rather than .co.uk.

If you do need to speak to someone about it, you'll need to ring Sony 'Customer Service'.
    As it's the US account, you'll need to contact SCEA.
    Password Reset Help