1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US xbox and hi-def kit

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Warp, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Has anyone else got a US Xbox and used the hi-def kit to connect to their TV using component? Did your TV recognise the signal and give you a picture straight away? I am having trouble getting a picture on my TV. RGB scart works fine.

Any help much appreciated.

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    You will need to make sure that in Video in the Dashboard (front screen you see when you have not got a game in the dvd drive) the Prog Scan options are turned on to what your tv can handle.

3. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would love to be able to do that! However, I don't get the prog-scan options when attached by scart, and when I attach my component hi-def kit I do not get a picture on screen to be able to see what I am doing in the xbox dash. However I know that the menu system changed to include prog-scan options because I can hear the number of options has increased as I click through them.

My Philips LCD TV accepts 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 through it's DVI input and I am using a component to DVI convertor.

4. mgraef27

mgraef27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wrap,

To swith to your X-box to HD. I think I did it these way. Plug the green componet cable in to the tv Composite video in. The when you start up your xbox the logo will come up (in only green) from there you can assecc the dashboard and set the xbox to hd. If you dont have the Componete wire pluged in to the xbox you do not get the menu to set it to HD. Let me know if this works.

Thanks
    Mark

5. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Great idea......thought that was going to work, however it doesn't register any signal when I put the green cable in. I have tried the composite input with my digital camera and it works fine.

Have I possibly got a dodgy hi-def pack? Or could it be something to do with the frequency (50hz I think) the US xbox is outputting? Again, RGB scart is fine.

6. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Can you connect your xbox directly to you TV usinf Component without going through the component/dvi converter? If so, does it work?

7. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, as per mgraef27 suggestion, I can get to see the xbox dash board by plugging green cable into composite (although when a game loads up it doesn't like the signal). The xbox dash asks me what fomats my TV can take and it can take all of them, so I set them all to yes. Howvever I get the feeling these only apply to the games and at least the xbox dash should show up through my component to DVI input.

Haven't got component inputs hence the supplied adaptor with my TV (philips LCD 37pf9986). I'm starting to get the feeling that the firmware in my TV is not allowing the signal for whatever reason.

This is annoying.......don't want to have to stick with dirty old RGB!

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Do you have anything else that have component output, DVD or something, to test the converter box and/or the component cables?

9. Warp

Warp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not yet....waiting for delivery of a prog-scan DVD player which does have component so will be able to do the test you described.

thanks for your suggestions

10. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    does your set have a vga connection you could get a x2vga box or a vd23 or what ever its called.