US xbox 360 work in the UK?

Kong

Standard Member
I would like to know if a US 360 will work in the UK?

Will it work with the following equipment:

Toshiba 32WLT68 LCD TV
US 360 HD DVD player

what complications will i encounter besides buying games from the US?

how will the warranty work?

thanks

Batch

Yes it should work as LCD's can take 50 and 60hrz, and the US HD DVD player will be fine. I don't think you'll get any warrenty over here and aside from having to import all games , the only other problem is getting a transformer to plug in inot the mains.

onkeh

Yeah not sure about the power, your best bet would be to buy a UK 360 power brick I reckon.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
There will be no valid warranty here in the UK. If something goes wrong then you would need to ship the console back to MS in the US and even then I believe they only ship it back to a US address.

For the power you will either require a PAL Xbox 360 power supply or 300 watt or greater step down transformer.

Not all UK games will work although quite a few will as a lot of them are actually region free.

Region 2 DVD's will not work.

HD-DVD's are region free as are the drives so that should be fine.

gullarm

I wouldn't bother.

I have spent many an hour checking out the goods in foreign climes.

The savings are good 10-20%, but when things go wrong, you are stuffed.

I considered buying a 360 in Dubai last year, but put it off. Bought one from game and it broke after 4 months, straight replacement - no hassle.

How do you return a 360 to Dubai? Post to microsoft, no thanks.

Was in Dubai again 2 weeks ago looking at Nintendo DS, about 25 quid cheaper than here, but what if it don't work or breaks????

Local is best, unless the savings are huge.

When in dubai i was looking at tha biggest plasma/lcd ( plamsa/lcd dont ask i dont know ) on the market, it was fecking huge, it was as tall as me - 5ft 10in high, width wise???????? . That was around £23,000.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I wouldn’t bother.

I have spent many an hour checking out the goods in foreign climes.

The savings are good 10-20%, but when things go wrong, you are stuffed.

I considered buying a 360 in Dubai last year, but put it off. Bought one from game and it broke after 4 months, straight replacement - no hassle.

How do you return a 360 to Dubai? Post to microsoft, no thanks.

Was in Dubai again 2 weeks ago looking at Nintendo DS, about 25 quid cheaper than here, but what if it don’t work or breaks????

Local is best, unless the savings are huge.

When in dubai i was looking at tha biggest plasma/lcd ( plamsa/lcd dont ask i dont know ) on the market, it was fecking huge, it was as tall as me - 5ft 10in high, width wise???????? . That was around £23,000.

There are other resons besides monetory savings to buy import consoles. I didn't but all US consoles because they were cheaper. I am aware of the warranty issue and I'm prepared to live it so the other benefits import consoles give me.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom