US Wii Should I Change To PAL

Cheesymic

Active Member
Hi i have a us wii but i don't know if i should sell it and get a pal as all my game cube games are pal and my action replay won't load them.
also no hassel in going down the shop and buying games rather than importing them. but the down side might be having to wait for games about 6 months after they have arrived in the states.
should i just sell and buy my gc games in ntsc or sell the wii. please help i don't know what to do.
P.S. i am not selling the wii to make money if i do sell it will go on ebay for buy it now with the 3 games at a sensible price not like some people wanting 1000 - 2000 what are people like it's crazy.
 

JamesOD

Active Member
What 3 games do you have and would you be willing to do a like for like swap for a pal machine with the same games?

I have a US cube but access to a Pal Wii so I am in the reverse situation because all my games are US :D
 

JamesOD

Active Member
If you wanted to do it I should be picking up the machine this weekend and would buy the games at the same time so it's upto you.

The only snag would be if I get let down on the machine but I should be next inline for one and obviously I would not expect you to send the machine until you were happy with the UK one I send out to you m8.

I will get onto my guy tomorrow and see what I can come up with if you like,

If I can get the machine for the weekend then we can setup a trade thread on these boards to keep it legit (from the boards point of view
 

JamesOD

Active Member
Sorry M8 I am going to have to withdraw my offer as My wife has promised this UK machine to her Neice so I won't even get a sniff at it.

Sorry to Jerk you about but "she who must be obeyed" has just sunk this idea
 

Cheesymic

Active Member
yes i am very interested i would do a trade the us wii was bought last wednesday i hope you don't think i'm being dodgy but i'm not really bothered about a zelda replacement as i own a pal version i know this sounds stupid but i ordered it before i could get hold of a wii in the uk and panacked and got a us one went to cancel zelda from woolworths and my card had already been charged and it was ready for despatch but i could always sell it on ebay if you want my contact number pm me as i am very interested.
 

Cheesymic

Active Member
yeah no problem thanks any way i'll have to have a re - think on what to do and make sure i can get one before i do any thing
 

themanwithapc

Active Member
I'm personally buying a US Wii when they become available, and the only real reason I don't have a Wii at all right now is because I refuse to buy a PAL unit (although that resolution was sorely tested last week :D).

A PAL Wii has allsorts of problems.
-games more expensive
-released much later
-in some cases content is cut
-sometimes not even released in the UK

I'd personally sell the GC games and buy US versions. TBH, you're not even going to be playing the GC agmes that much except for maybe half of next year. If it bothers you too much, you can just buy a cheap PAL cube. Probably cost the less than price difference between a PAL Wii and US Wii anyway.
 

StooMonster

Well-known Member
Yep, Region Encoding should be made illegal as anti-consumer.

StooMonster
 

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
well i have a UK wii with zelda and play and would be interested in a like for like swap, but you already have pal zelda right? oh well if anyone else is interested let me know!
 

kez

Distinguished Member
typical.

i posted looking for a uk -> us swap, and no one was interested.

ah well, i sold it on ebay for £340 and have ordered one from dvdboxoffice for £155 - you do the maths :)

i'm sure you'll have no trouble getting a swap
 

uchiha_itachi

Standard Member
Kez, is that £155 including shipping? And have they given you a time estimate, as I also want a US wii, and dvdboxoffice looks like the best deal to me at the moment.
 

bignige

Active Member
yeah no problem thanks any way i'll have to have a re - think on what to do and make sure i can get one before i do any thing
I'd be interested in this & have a UK Wii in hand. I'll PM you & if still avaliable, maybe something can be worked out?
 

kez

Distinguished Member
Kez, is that £155 including shipping? And have they given you a time estimate, as I also want a US wii, and dvdboxoffice looks like the best deal to me at the moment.
yep, includes shipping. their site estimates the price to be £170, but i had a pre-auth of £155.27 go on my card (which is roughly what xe.com says CAD$347 is)

doesn't include any customs fees (if i get any) but even if it does get hit, it'll still be the same price as a UK one.

no estimate on delivery times, but i haven't asked them :rotfl: i'm in no hurry
 

Moogle

Novice Member
Shouldn't this go in the classifieds section ?
 

Cheesymic

Active Member
i've just noticed that a free loader and action replay has been released that is wii compatible so maybe this might be my cheapest option
 

kez

Distinguished Member
the freelaoder only works on the US one, so yeah you'd be fine.

that's what i'm going to use (i already have a freeloader disc)

the freeloader doesn't work on the PAL wii, as they used the firmware from the pearl white cube which blocked it. unless they release a new version.
 

bignige

Active Member
i've just noticed that a free loader and action replay has been released that is wii compatible so maybe this might be my cheapest option
There's always the risk of a firmware update to remove this. I'm thinking of going the same way as a few of the forumites at the mo' ebaying my Wii & buying a US one. I don't mind waiting, and the PAL Wii's seem to be going for good prices. I am worried about Wii connect 24 bricking a USA Wii as seems to be happening.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom