• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

US vs UK Kong HD-DVD

shaunr

Established Member
I managed to get hold of a UK hd-dvd drive today and thought i'd give the one i received from SoftUK to my mate as he was desperate to track one down.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or if anyone has been in a position to compare but the US disc seems much better to me. The US one benefits from the U-Control feature which is a really nice benefit of hd-dvd and also you can create a My Favourite scenes list. Sadly the UK disc has all of it's space 'wasted' on additional languages.:confused:

I think i should've kept my US one..lol:devil:

Anyway, a bit of info for anyone who hasn't got lucky yet.

Cheers,

Shaun

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
I have both and see no picture difference. There are feature and audio differences and for an english speaker the US disc is the one to go for. I do see minor difference on Serenity between US sourced and UK sourced discs however.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
yes but it could always be because I want to justify the second copy of the disc ;) It is subtle but I think it is there, just a touch 'sharper'.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom