US version of RB2

MadMaelstrom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is the RB2 game from the US definitely region locked?
I have to admit to the 360's use of region locking being the consoles biggest achilles heel imo, I'd love to be able to remove it

Definitely region locked Daark.
Got a copy on it's way over the pond as we speak. :thumbsup:
Decided to plump for a US 360 now the price has dropped significantly.

Definitely region locked Daark.
Got a copy on it's way over the pond as we speak. :thumbsup:
Decided to plump for a US 360 now the price has dropped significantly.

Do the US 360's switch on volatage or is stepdown needed?

Stepdown is required m8

What about with a UK power supply? Just thinking the power should be rated going into the psu rather than the console. Just a thought mind!

Just to answer my own question here.

Just been looking at the UK PSU and input voltages to the actual console. From what I can see if you get a US model with a UK power supply all will be good, the 'brick' psu is not putting 110/240 into the actual console.

Quite tempted to give this a shot now to be honest.

UK supply is fine with US console. I went down that route before RB1 came out. Wish I kept the console instead of flogging it on now :(

Has anyone confirmed for certain whether the US PS3 version works on a UK PS3. I think I might get my brother in the US to send me a copy. Then get the 360 version when it's eventually out.

you think any Americans will be stupid enough to trade their xbox for mine? :)
lol

Has anyone confirmed for certain whether the US PS3 version works on a UK PS3. I think I might get my brother in the US to send me a copy. Then get the 360 version when it's eventually out.

It does not need confirming. ALL PS3 games no matter where in the world they are bought will work on ANY PS3. There is no region encoding built into the console for PS3 games so no way a publisher can make a game specific to a region (though DVD, Blu-Ray and PS2 games are region locked on the PS3). Bear in mind though that it seems you cannot import tracks from UK Rock Band into US Rock Band 2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom