US PSP, UK Importers

Hi.

That price from movie tyme is very very good IMO. I will be interested to see if they make good on that price, please keep us informed. Shipping from within the UK is also a MASSIVE bonus for both customs and shipping time.

I have a US PSP. I ordered mine from VG+ on Sunday afternoon, and it arrived at my door at 12:00 Thursday. Not bad considering Monday was a bank holiday. I didn't get my Ridge Racers game, but got Wipeout Pure with the Wayne Gretzky pack and Spiderman 2 UMD film. Total with ridge, wipeout, greztky pack and film was £230 ish with zero customs.

Cheers

Rob

To get just a Value Pack I think you have to email Craig, when I enquired he was happy to sell me one at £159.99 but I thought the extra £23 for a copy of Wipeout Pure was great as I will be able to sell it on for at least £25 if not more.

Also, I dont see Movietyme not honoring these prices as I ordered a Wipeout Bundle online and I am picking it up tomorrow from them at a Collectors Fair they are attending in Birmingham.

Indiana Jones said:
To get just a Value Pack I think you have to email Craig, when I enquired he was happy to sell me one at £159.99 but I thought the extra £23 for a copy of Wipeout Pure was great as I will be able to sell it on for at least £25 if not more.

Also, I dont see Movietyme not honoring these prices as I ordered a Wipeout Bundle online and I am picking it up tomorrow from them at a Collectors Fair they are attending in Birmingham.

Then that is a great deal indeed. :smashin:

DO NOT under any circumstances use Nuplayer. This company's promised next day delivery is complete rubbish - (3 days later still no games). Their 24hr telephone support is also complete rubbish as all phone calls go totally unanswered, or it's engaged (obviously some other poor sod trying to get an answer from them and just letting it ring out).

I ordered 2 games from them after checking twice on the phone that they were both in stock and spoke to the 'owner' Kamal who was totally reassuring about delivery and stock.

I've tried to cancel the order but get no reply to emails so I'm stuck in limbo not knowing whether to order from somewhere else or not! And my bank are sod all help refusing to do anything till they try to withdraw from the account!

The only company I'd recomment is GBAX.com (in Newcastle) - got games next day but a little expensive.

Anybody with any decent legal advise on what i could do would be much appreciated

:boring:

I ordered ma psp from nuplayer on thurs 24 march, where i got through for the first and last time.

I ordered the value pack with plug and ridge racer.

IT HAS STILL NOT ARRIVED!

Since then i have not got through to them once. No email reply neither.
They are really cheesing me off.

What should i do as they have my debit card details but have not as yet drawn money from it.

Im thinkin of canceling my order but i cant get through! I will jus wait for it...

I am still waiting for my PSP (so much for "definitely by Friday"), and I do not expect a delivery tomorrow as City Link have a £15 surcharge for Saturday deliveries. Nuplayer have taken my money now though so presumably I will have it Monday, although I doubt I will get what I ordered.

Has anyone received a delivery from Nuplayer without complaining first?

Same problem here too guys, ordered from Nuplayer on Wed, for delivery yesterday, nothing..... phoned and phoned nothing. spoke to Kamal yesterday (evening) and he reassured me it will arrive today, and nothing............
I have been calling citilink all day chasing my parcel (which they should be f*cking doing) and no luck!!!!

I have had some interesting info from citilink which if true may help each of us with late deliveries (possible scam for making them extra cash(nuplayer that is))

When i get more info i will post here guys!!

I am so not happy!!

MSK: if you are really concerned, call your credit card company and stop the payment, if mine has not arrived tomorrow that is what i am going to do.

All i can think of is all of the disgruntled ones making a complaint to trading standards.

Hello there. My name is Kamal and I own Nuplayer. I want to start by apologising to all those customers who have waited longer than 24 hrs to receive their orders of the psp and games.

You may now be aware we have been inundated with order via the net and telephone and have gone from taking 30 orders a day to in excess of 200 orders per day.

We are currently in a backlog situation of some 5 days, but are shipping all orders out. We have plenty of stock of all the products and have had several of our customers visit us at our offices in Windsor to collect their orders.

The main reason for the backlog was the Easter break, and as a company we were not prepared for the substantial increase in business that we received upto and during this easter break period.

The mistake my company has made was that we were trying to hard to please everyone by telling them they would receive their goods within 24 - 48 hours, but having attempted to keep this promise on several occassions, have been unable to do so due to the deluge of orders received in the last 10 days.

We have been managing to deliver over 150 orders per day to our customers but will take up to another five days to complete all orders.

I would like to apolgise personally to all our customers on AV Forums as we have tried our best to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. We will complete every order by next week and after that will be able to resume our next day delivery guarantee without fail.

I regret that I did not explain this predicament to all our customers in the first instance as we had expected to fulfill the order in time by taking on extra staff and resources.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, uncertainty and hassle this has caused our customers and will endeavour to make sure this never happens again.

Kamal
Nuplayer :oops:

i ordered a nintendo ds from nuplayer on wednesday and i am now one of the many thats wondering if i have been ripped off the the messed up thing is that it was a gift for my girlfriends little brother, the birthday has been and gone and she’s angry and not giving it up and for that nuplayer there is no forgiveness. im going to the bank to day to cancel everything and buying it from the store.
i have made about 100 calls now only got through once and that was in the beginning to place the order they told me to do it through the net so i did and from there on i have had no answer. i have also sent an email but it did not get through.

i have read nuplayers comment but i don’t care i want to speak to someone on the phone and cancel my order i am planning on phoning watchdog whose with me.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi Kamal,
Nice that you've realised what bad press your company is getting on these sites and seen fit to respond. I'm sure like the rest of people on this site it's not the not getting that p***** them off, but the not knowing (lack of response to emails, phone calls, unfulfilled next day / by Friday etc delivery).
If, when I'd phoned you'd explained that there'd be a delay I'd still have ordered. But waiting like a little kid at the window (and I'm **(my age replaced for fear of ridicule) for Christs sake) for the next day delivery, and then the day after that just in case was depressing to say the least. I've even been on to my bank as at one stage I thought you were complete rouges and out to scam me! - Although they admitted they couldn't do anything!
Hopefully I'll soon have Tiger Woods and Twisted Metal from you to add to my other titles. Although a friend who ordered the day after me has already got his (he did actually get the next day service promised), so no idea what has happened to my order - has it been processed? Will it ever be processed? Still so many unanswered questions Kamal. Just let us know what's happening!

Chris Gibson - Middleton (thought that might help in finding my order)

just came back from my bank said they cant do nothing. nothing has been taken out of the account. the bank told me to ring up and cancel myself explained that i have tried to over the past few days even rang nuplayer at the bank but guess what?
yes you guessed no answer

still trying though

:mad: don't know what to do is there any one who has received goods from nuplayer

RockyWilcox said:
I ordered off Nuplayer last Tuesday, still waiting for my psp. I've rang them about 8 times just to get a tracking number. They keep fobbing me off, saying they'll ring me back, but they never do. I leave it a few hours and ring them again.

I rang them about half an hour ago and they said Mark was sorting it out now and they would ring me back. City Link have no record of a package to be delivered to my address. It was despached Wednesday night, you'd think they'd have some information. I feel let down. It's an expensive piece of kit, and their website boasts: Next Day Delivery Guaranteed.

I'm in a mess now. I'm lying on the floor in my own vomit and urine.

That last line I made up, but I could be soon.

i feel where your coming from my girlfreinds brother still waiting and i cant even resure him that its coming he sits in the corner and cries

thanks nuplayer for the happienss that you have brung me :clap:

ps thats was sarcasm by the way

I recieved Wipeout Pure and Ape Escape from Nuplayer ok. I was told they would have the US games on Monday then they said Tuesday and I would have the games on Wednesday but I got them on Thursday no big deal.
I get through on the phone ok the few times I have tried but as I have said before if you want anoter UK retailer try http://www.videogameimports.com/sw_navbar.php3 that is where I bought my PSP from and recieved it next day.

As has also been mentioned in other threads Movietyme are selling the PSP value pack for £160 or with a game for £180.

Can I just remind the posters on this thread, that however angry you may be, masked swearing is not acceptable in these forums. Particulalry MTECH5000, your swearing must be edited immediately, please attend to it.

I don't really have any doubt that Nuplayer will deliver, as said before it's not the delay as such, but all the lies, and the constant ringing on your unanswered phone. I ordered my game on Wednesday night, and you personally told me twice that it was shipped out. What did you think would happen when it didn't arrive? Did you think that I would not ring you when nothing had been delivered. I guess thats why there is no one answering the phone.
Talking about shooting yourself in the foot.

I cancelled an order as there was a 1month delay and ordered it from Nuplayer because they had it in stock and had next day delivery. I don't mind waiting for a few days...but initially I did think that I was ripped off..... especially when there was no answer to phones and no reply to emails.
Not a great first impression.

All, you cannot tell your bank and credit card to stop payment. Once you authorise it, thats it. However, you can put the debit into dispute if you don't receive your goods.

totaly understand the phone business its the not picking up part that make me think it aint a real company i have just got off the phone it was engaged 6 times and it rang 12 times without an answer i just want to cancell the order.

ther is anouther number for the company they are part of. tried ringing not getting through the number is
(01753)8533661
let me know if you manage talk anyone at nuplayer or the other place
ps
kamal just pick up the phone "its good to talk"

Kamal,

I do respect you for posting on this forum to explain yourself. After all the unhappy customers and worry, you posting on the forum does put peoples mind to rest and they will eventually get the goods.

You realised you made a mistake and admitted to it and trying to make amends.

For that, I haven't totally wiped you of my list for my next purchase.

My name is Peter Thomas, I ordered over £400 worth of psp stuff from nuplayer all money has been taken from credit card. I have had some stuff delivered but missing 3 games TIGER WOODS, FIFA and RIDGERACER been ringing nuplayer for 3 days last night rang them for 5 hours between 9pm and 2am i wish someone would pick up and just tell me when these games are coming or answer a email my sons birthday is ruined thanks very much nuplayer..
If you fancy ringing me please feel free you have my number.

Kam,

Having spoken to you about 5 times personally on the telephone in the last week can I ask 1 simple question. When am I going to get my order completed I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks now, and for the 2nd Saturday running I have cancelled plans, as I have been assured my delivery will be here (and this was by you) I really don't mind having to wait for my order, but being flat out lied to is really starting to anger me. Only Thursday night you assured me that you would send out the missing parts from my order (Metal Gear and an Accessory Pack) to arrive on Saturday, well it's Saturday and I still have no game to play on my PSP. If people think the "Flat out lies" remark was a bit strong, consider that on Thursday Kam himself told me that I was a one off case and this had not happened to anyone else, well try putting NuPlayer into any search engine at present and see how many forums have pages and pages of similar unique people.

You could tell your customers who are waiting the absolute truth about the state of their order, you might be surprised at their response, you would have kept me happier by telling me that my order was delayed by 1 or 2 weeks rather than I guarantee you'll have it tomorrow, which means I have to alter my plans yet again. I'm not going to get into the realms of complaining on here that I am also short of Ridge Racer and Wipeout, as I understand that you are out of stock.

If you would only answer the phone I would have tried to arrange to drive the 100 or so miles each way to collect the items. Also when you "exclusively" give someone your personnal mobile number, it does help to switch the thing on.

Daz :mad: :mad: :mad:(Darren Allport from WS7 if it helps track myorder)

yogi_bear said:
My name is Peter Thomas, I ordered over £400 worth of psp stuff from nuplayer all money has been taken from credit card. I have had some stuff delivered but missing 3 games TIGER WOODS, FIFA and RIDGERACER been ringing nuplayer for 3 days last night rang them for 5 hours between 9pm and 2am i wish someone would pick up and just tell me when these games are coming or answer a email my sons birthday is ruined thanks very much nuplayer..
If you fancy ringing me please feel free you have my number.

Hello Peter. As you are now aware we have been inundated with order over the last 10 days, in excess of 1000.

We have a policy of part shipping so that's why you got some of your order rather than none.

As for the three games, they should be back into stock next week so will get them shipped out to you without delay.

By the end of next week we should have cleared all the back orders completely and will be able to resume our next day guaranteed delivery.

We will resume taking phone calls and replying to emails from Monday, as for now we are still picking and packing customers orders for shipment next week. I hope you will understand?

Once again, sorry for the delay.

Kamal.
Nuplayer

Darren A said:
Kam,

Having spoken to you about 5 times personally on the telephone in the last week can I ask 1 simple question. When am I going to get my order completed I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks now, and for the 2nd Saturday running I have cancelled plans, as I have been assured my delivery will be here (and this was by you) I really don't mind having to wait for my order, but being flat out lied to is really starting to anger me. Only Thursday night you assured me that you would send out the missing parts from my order (Metal Gear and an Accessory Pack) to arrive on Saturday, well it's Saturday and I still have no game to play on my PSP. If people think the "Flat out lies" remark was a bit strong, consider that on Thursday Kam himself told me that I was a one off case and this had not happened to anyone else, well try putting NuPlayer into any search engine at present and see how many forums have pages and pages of similar unique people.

You could tell your customers who are waiting the absolute truth about the state of their order, you might be surprised at their response, you would have kept me happier by telling me that my order was delayed by 1 or 2 weeks rather than I guarantee you'll have it tomorrow, which means I have to alter my plans yet again. I'm not going to get into the realms of complaining on here that I am also short of Ridge Racer and Wipeout, as I understand that you are out of stock.

If you would only answer the phone I would have tried to arrange to drive the 100 or so miles each way to collect the items. Also when you "exclusively" give someone your personnal mobile number, it does help to switch the thing on.

Daz :mad: :mad: :mad:(Darren Allport from WS7 if it helps track myorder)

Hello Darren.

I really can't understand why you havent received your Metal Gear and your accessory pack as they are both in stock. As for the other games you are now aware that they are out of stock and that they will be back into stock late next week.

I'm sorry Darren as we have not lied to anyone at all, we have tried to continually keep our promises, however we have not been successful in doing so in the time we stated.

Up Until 10 days ago we were hitting our 24hr delivery schedule every time, without fail. Then we got deluged with orders. We tried to maintain our next day delivery guarantee every day becasuse we had the stock,but a s you are now aware we could not.

My team and I have been working 18 hours aday to fulfill as many orders as possible and have succeeded in delivering over 95% whether in part or in whole.

You can rest assured that you will recieve all of the remains of your order, but I feel I nedd to get tyou this game as a matter of emergency as you have the PSP from us but can't play it. For this I am particularly sorry.

Which town are you based in? Maybe I can try to get it to you this weekend?

Kamal.
Nuplayer

Kamal,

I do hope you read this......

I have spoken to you numerous times regarding both whether to buy a PSP and also after i did make the order, i have found you both curtious and helpful throughout.

I received my PSP with all the games i ordered intact, as soon as i saw the machine in all its glory i "nearly" forgave you for all the problems i have had, I am 32 and had nearly all the machines that can be bought in the past, this one is amazing!

However.....

I am not happy by the fact i have had to chase my parcel all week, as i have not been able to get through to your company, i have spent hr upon hr with Initial City link trying to establish where my parcel has been, and i have never EVER! had to do this for anything i have ever bought from a company before.
If i order from a company i expect it to be the responsibility of the company to provide me with my purchase, and it is that responsibility until the parcel appears at my door, and i sign for it, as received.

After speaking with initial City link at great lengths about my order and the so called "guaranteed" next day delivery you offer, I have been informed by them that because my order did not arrive until several days after it should of arrived, the company have the right to claim "DOUBLE!!!!" the shipment back from Initial City Link thats DOUBLE!. As my order did not arrive for 3 days i assume something will be done to make this claim and refund me what would of been the costs for delivery.

Also the order was made for a thursday delivery as it was my sons 7th birthday on Friday (yesterday!) and as the parcel did not arrive until today, he missed his big birthday suprise, which kind of annoys me because i or no one else had been made aware of such problems.

I hope you are going to read this and give me some kind of response, my Name is Lee Smith, i live in the isle of Man i know you have record of our conversations.

Kind Regards

Lee

LEEIOM said:
Hi Kamal,

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my essay!

I must admit that i think the PSP is far too good for a 7 year old, but i was silly enough to buy it :)

I appreciate what you were saying about Citilink, however if their mishandling of goods makes a bad impression (discounting what you were saying about the amount of orders you have received) then personally i would either severly pursue the double money back, or consider looking for another courier, if there are for example 100 people having their PSP's delievered late due to bad courier service, then that is somewhere in the region for £2300 they should be returning to you, as compensation, you may be ordering £500,000 worth of PSP's but no business man is going to allow that sort of cash to slip through. if you need someone as an example for bad deliveries, just ask me, i have names of the people i spoke to with citilink including the kind woman who mentioned the double money back, just let me know.

As for the free game, i would like to thank you for the kind gesture, it is greatly appreciated. I think i might be ordering another PSP next month (pay day!!) my son has only let me have a play for 15 mins :D

How would you suggest this is arranged, i could try phoning................. then again..

any suggestions.

Regards

Lee

We will be taking calls form Monday Lee so call me then and we''ll take it from there.
As for Citylink, they are terrible for paying out claims made for late deliveries and this is what thye say themselves.

As for their service it's surprisingly excellent. They have only made less than 5 late shipments in over 3000 that have been made in the last 2 months or so, they are not to blame, we are, for not shipping quickly enough due to the number of orders we received in the very short space of time.

Blame where blame lies and I'm sorry to say the blame lies with us and no one else. We got hold of the best and latest PSP products first and everyone wanted them from us at the same time.

We will still be the first and best but in the future we will not let this happen again.

Kamal.
Nuplayer

Firstly, like the other members I'd like to thank you for responding to the forum and clearing up the issues with delivery etc.
This does however leave me with a slight problem in that you mention you are going to reply to all the emails on Monday, one of mine (i think i sent about 5) requests cancelling my order for Tiger and Twisted Metal, but you state Tiger is in stock (and i will have it by Tuesday) and Twisted Metal will be back in shortly.
After much consideration of the situation and the stress it has caused me (thinking at one point I'd given my bank details to some conartist (which i now totally accept you aren't)) I would on this occassion like to keep my order for these 2 products and hopefully continue to shop with you in the future once this is cleared up.
If possible could you post a reply to this so i know where i stand with these 2 games.

Many thanks

Chris Gibson (Middleton)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom