US Pioneer AVX P7300 relocated to Europe

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by nassos, Nov 22, 2004.

1. nassos

nassos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: I lived in the US for some years, and a little before (about a year ago) I moved back home (Greece), I installed an audio visual system in my car, which was to be shipped to Greece. :oops:

No one told be about the fact that the US system only plays NTSC. The Europen version plays both NTSC and PAL. :confused:
    Now I have a system that only plays US DVDs (Region 1 and NTSC), a TV tuner that does not play at all, and the Radio only gets odd number stations. :censored:

My system is the AVH P7490DVD, which in a sense is a package deal that consists of the AVX P7300 together with the AVM P9000R. Also I have a XDV P90 6 Disc DVD player.

I would like to know if there is any way to convert the above to the European standards (Region 2 / PAL). I am not interested in a multi region environment I just want it to play our DVDs and buy a European TV Tuner.

I wrote to Pioneer, I called them they do not seem to know anything and even if they do they do not say! :nono: :devil:

Does anyone know where the difference, between the US and the European, version is? Is there a part that I can change that will do the trick?
    Is it software programable?

Can anyone help me? :lease:
    I feel really bad about spending so much money and getting stack with it. :blush:

Thanks

Nassos

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Sorry to hear of your problems. I can't offer specific advice however the issue with the tunner may not be lost as many tuners have the ability to alter their tuning steps to avoid your problem. perhaps some of the people who are installing them can advise on the alteration procedure.

3. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    there will be no way that you can convert your dvd player to play pal but you should be able to adjust a setting on the menu to get all the tuner functions for your country

4. nassos

nassos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :suicide: Well actually it might be the other way around! :rolleyes:

The radio can not play the even numbered stations and there is no menu built in to switch to the EU frequencies like some older units were able to do so.

I got a hold of the service manuals for the units from the old good "USSR", and I found out the differences between the two models. Basically they play with different resistor values in a few places, plus there is a IC chip in the US version which is the one used for VSYNC for PAL in the EU model.

I decided to take the risk and replace these resistors and I am looking for the missing IC. I will let you know when I am done and if it worked!!!

Nassos