US phone on ebay - Help needed

seneca

Novice Member
Hello,
I’m in England, UK and am interested in this listing.

Brand New LG V60 ThinQ 5G LM-V600AM 128GB Blue GSM AT&T GSM Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

It's a GSM AT&T GSM Unlocked Smartphone.

I wanted to know if this phone would work in the UK using a UK SIM card from any UK network? It says AT&T, but also GSM unlocked, which I don't understand. I’m currently using an iPhone with a Giff Gaff sim, but want a backup android phone. I wanted to know if I could use that 4g Giff Gaff sim in this Android phone and use it as a working 4g phone? Also, am I correct in thinking I do not have to pay a customs import charge when it is delivered? It says it's sent through the Global Shipping Programme, so does that mean I don't need to pay any customs import charges on top of the listing cost and postage? Basically, it will be delivered without any more payments needed at the time of delivery?

Thanks

JBA6

The quick answer I think is no it's not compatible with the main UK bands for 4G. The main bands for 4G networks in the UK are 1, 3, 7, 20, 32 and 40, none of which are supported by this phone. The obvious question to ask is why do you want to buy a phone from a US supplier when there is a huge range of phones available for UK suppliers which will definately work on the UK networks.

--
JB

seneca

Novice Member
It's significantly cheaper and seemed to have plenty of positive feedback. I am after this particular phone and even used ones in the UK tend to be on average £150 more. This happens to be new. I just didn't understand the whole GSM unlocked thing, as was under the impression it meant worldwide.

Dave X

AT&T website confusingly has a different list of LTE bands.

4G LTE (Domestic): 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 46, 66
4G LTE (Roaming): 1, 3, 7, 20, 38, 39, 40, 41

So it could well work, as the “roaming” bands are in the phone and as long as the phone is unlocked will be accessible.

Having said that, it seems to be an AT&T exclusive and has some locked features according to Reddit.

I wouldn’t personally buy a phone that isn’t all that cheap, and basically has no warranty (even worse problem with LG’s previous woeful after sales service).

seneca

Novice Member
Having read a few forums, seems like too much hassle, as the phone was never released here. Pity, as it fit all my requirements. Then again, will keep an eye out for a UK working import, used condition. At least that will work. Thanks for the responses anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom