US online stores don't ship worldwide?

grandpathomas

Novice Member
Hey guys, I'd like to buy some tech from the US, the problem is lot of online shops/sellers. What are my option to order and get the package shipped to the Europe?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
There are services that will accept deliveries in a country and then send them to you. I'm not sure if there's a standard name for them, but try buying service or forwarding service. I don't have any knowledge of the ones for the US, they tend to be most popular for Japan.

Bear in mind that the cost will likely end up being substantially higher than shown on the US website after you've paid import duties, VAT and the third party's cost.

It's well worth looking for an EU supplier, even e-mailing the manufacturer and asking.

grandpathomas

Novice Member
Thank you, as I googled it forwarding service seems to be the right term. There are companies like Shipito or Viabox which I found but their shipping rates are very expensive, only PlanetExpress seems to have reasonable prices

Yes, import (custom) duties were often in discussion on some other forums and they seem to be a problem when ordering more expensive stuff

shango

I used one years ago called bundlebox, cant remember their costs but I used them so I couldn't have deemed it to be unreasonable and the item arrived no issues, long time ago though.

JayJay1874

Novice Member
Unless you have found an amazing deal - the saving is likely to be negated by charges and timescales can be long.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom