US Muslims Fear Boston Bombing Backlash

Exemplar

Ex Member
Reaction score
BBC News - Boston bombings: Muslim Americans await bomber's ID

Well really? you dont think? US and Canadian muslims please think about this... you live in a country where assault rifles are allowed (because the deer they hunt are so smart and fast) and the NRA tell the whole country that 'people with guns are more polite'.

Well really? you dont think? US and Canadian muslims please think about this... you live in a country where assault rifles are allowed (because the deer they hunt are so smart and fast) and the NRA tell the whole country that 'people with guns are more polite'.

I really wish people would stop using the term "Assault Rifles" (not pointing the finger so much at you as you're jsut relaying what all the media etc say), it's incorrect and the term is only ever really used by lobbyists against guns. The likes of the AR-15 are semi-automatic weapons - yet are branded assault rifles... for what reason?

I really wish people would stop using the term "Assault Rifles" (not pointing the finger so much at you as you're jsut relaying what all the media etc say), it's incorrect and the term is only ever really used by lobbyists against guns. The likes of the AR-15 are semi-automatic weapons - yet are branded assault rifles... for what reason?

Agree. Real Assault Rifles that offer fully automatic fire are already illegal in most states.

What the Assault Rifle ban in 1994 classified as Assault Rifles was based purely on cosmetic features. A gun became an Assault Rifle if it had 2 or more of the following:

Flash Suppressor
Foregrip
Grenade Launcher
Bayonet slot
Folding Stock

This made the whole law useless and all you needed to do was take off an attachment, and the gun magically became legal.

The likes of the AR-15 are semi-automatic weapons - yet are branded assault rifles... for what reason?

Standard FPS gaming taxonomy.
  • Assault rifles
  • Sub Machine Guns
  • Shotguns
  • Light Machine Guns
  • Handguns
  • Crossbow
:D

Agree. Real Assault Rifles that offer fully automatic fire are already illegal in most states.

What the Assault Rifle ban in 1994 classified as Assault Rifles was based purely on cosmetic features. A gun became an Assault Rifle if it had 2 or more of the following:

Flash Suppressor
Foregrip
Grenade Launcher
Bayonet slot
Folding Stock

This made the whole law useless and all you needed to do was take off an attachment, and the gun magically became legal.

Indeed, it should be down to firing mechanism, I'd rather someone carrying an AR-15 as I can clearly see that and know it's hard to hide, than a glock for example which you can conceal easier.

Standard FPS gaming taxonomy.
  • Assault rifles
  • Sub Machine Guns
  • Shotguns
  • Light Machine Guns
  • Handguns
  • Crossbow
:D

Yes, but in (most) games Assault Rifles are fully automatic, so it's fine :D

i'm not saying this is a geek forum but for a thread starting a rant about muslims in the US and gun control this has gone great... :D :rotfl:

I'm not sure that restricting some nutter to a semi-automatic rifle as he goes on a rampage in a shopping mall is going to make much difference to the amount of people killed. You are just as dead, whatever you are shot with

I'm not sure that restricting some nutter to a semi-automatic rifle as he goes on a rampage in a shopping mall is going to make much difference to the amount of people killed. You are just as dead, whatever you are shot with

Personally, I'm in favour of a national pressure cooker register. No one NEEDS a pressure cooking. Why should kids die just so some foodie can get super tender meat?

Personally, I'm in favour of a national pressure cooker register. No one NEEDS a pressure cooking. Why should kids die just so some foodie can get super tender meat?

I agree after all a pressure cookers whole intention is to cause harm.

:facepalm:

My missus wanted a pressure cooker but I'm convinced she would find some way to blow the thing up.

Here's what my gran did;

Dropped the release valve mechanism in just preciely the correct way to ensure it jammed up the vavle perfectly.

Put the cooker on.

1 hour later ....shrapnel in the kitchen.

ON topic :thumbsdow :lesson: :spam:

What is the topic?

It appears to be a gun control thread, but the title doesn't match.

It seems to me to be a broad topic on US Gun Laws and the safety of US Muslims following the Boston Bombing, so I see no issue with discussion of guns (I would say that though as I started it :devil:).

I'm worried about the FAL, which is set as a single-shot weapon in COD, and yet is classified as an assault rifle. Perhaps it needs its own category.

Think they are Russians now, so might as well talk about anything.

Got to say that guns of any sort scare the hell out of me. Just that police killing on the tube all those years ago still horrifies me.

I'm worried about the FAL, which is set as a single-shot weapon in COD, and yet is classified as an assault rifle. Perhaps it needs its own category.

Depends, the FAL can be self-loading semis or full auto, can't it? Just the standard UK issue is self-loading semis, as far as I'm aware anyway.

Depends, the FAL can be self-loading semis or full auto, can't it? Just the standard UK issue is self-loading semis, as far as I'm aware anyway.

Hmm, yes, and to be fair they have changed the FAL to a full auto in Black Ops 2, so perhaps my concerns are unfounded. I will write to my MP just to be be sure.

Hmm, yes, and to be fair they have changed the FAL to a full auto in Black Ops 2, so perhaps my concerns are unfounded. I will write to my MP just to be be sure.

Technically, the FAL is a Battle Rifle not an Assault Rifle.

As a muslim living outside of the US. I hope the suspect isnt a Muslim.

That has nothing to do with the fact that I'm disregarding the fact that so many people were injured.

Its just the perception of the uneducated minority that brings fear to Muslims. Tarring the race with the same brush.

I'm happy to admit this publicly in a forum.

Looks like a Russian from the Chechnya area. Likely to be a Muslim then.

That has nothing to do with the fact that I'm disregarding the fact that so many people were injured.

Its just the perception of the uneducated minority that brings fear to Muslims. Tarring the race with the same brush.

I get what you mean, was reading this article the other day which expresses that opinion well IMO.

My wife and I (both muslims too) were thinking the same thing.

in fairness i think some of the actions in muslim countries really doesnt seem to help. when you see people of a particular religion doing some horrible things in the name of that religion you cant really blame people for being weary of that religion.

it certainly isnt just an isolated few.

i dont tar everyone with the same brush. plenty of bad christians etc about too (hitler was a christian for example). but it does seem that in muslim countries we see some of the worst behaviour between humans. women are treated like 2nd class citizens in many countries and they have a terrible history with rape etc

btw - muslim isnt a race. its a belief system just like christianity (which i think is a load of ********, just like all religions). i would imagine you would have known that?

my favourite assault rifle is the Steyer Aug Bar (the same weapon the governor in Walking dead used! - looks fantastic...

oh and I think that the bomb was a mistake and they were only trying to make a dinner and their pressure cooker blew up!

in fairness i think some of the actions in muslim countries really doesnt seem to help. when you see people of a particular religion doing some horrible things in the name of that religion you cant really blame people for being weary of that religion.

it certainly isnt just an isolated few.

i dont tar everyone with the same brush. plenty of bad christians etc about too (hitler was a christian for example). but it does seem that in muslim countries we see some of the worst behaviour between humans. women are treated like 2nd class citizens in many countries and they have a terrible history with rape etc

btw - muslim isnt a race. its a belief system just like christianity (which i think is a load of ********, just like all religions). i would imagine you would have known that?

It was a phrase mentioning tarring a particular section of people with the same belief.

I agree to some extent that the actions of "radical" terrorists have contributed to recent atrocities but in comparision to a religion where billions of people follow it, those who commit terrible crimes in the name of religion achieve what they set out to do which is to relate Islam to Jihad and terrorism.

The reason they achieve that is because people like yourself become "weary" of the religion because of the actions of radical groups which make up a very small minority of the overall Muslim population.

I'm a Muslim and I treat my wife and daughter with the utmost of respect and my extended family do the same.

Many Muslims in many countries do the same and you have to expect that you arent going to be hearing about a good muslim family story in the news.

Rape occurs everywhere, you cant associate rape with religion thats just ridiculous. Some of the worst crimes are carried out in South America and parts of Africa and not by Muslims.

I struggle to comprehend what your trying to say to be honest there are billions of muslims and radical terrorists are a very very small percentage of that.

Try to judge people on their individual basis, how they treat their family etc rather have the view that Muslims treat their women as second class citizens.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom