US Ipod OK?

Wilbur

Standard Member
Hi there,

Off to New YOrk next week and the exchange rate is so good that I'm seriously tempted to get a new 40Gb Ipod (works out at around £270 given the current exchange rate).

Any problems with voltage differences etc? Could I just buy a UK mains adaptor for it back home and have exactly the same thing as I would have purchased over here?

Thanks

Will

Sheks

Novice Member
Hi, Wilbur

I too have been researching this, and as far as I can tell it is exactly the same unit with the exception of the (removable) power lead into the dock. The dock appears to be auto voltage sensing so replacing the power lead with a 3 pin UK variety should be no problem.

Unfortunately I cannot get over to the States and have been looking into importing an iPod (given the favourable exchange rate), but have yet to find anywhere that this is possible from.

The other thing I am not sure about is whether the warranty would be valid in the UK. Also don't forget about duty.:mad:

On a separate point I have had iTunes installed on my PC for a little while now and think it is a fantastic piece of (free) software imho. I tried a mp3 cd created thru iTunes in my Pioneer 565 DVD player and was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality at 160kbps.

Good luck with your quest.

Sheks

K

kiwidave73

I just brought an ipod in LA and it works fine in the UK. You do need to buy a plug adaptor as the States use the 2 prong plug. Apple offer a multi plug kit but it is quite expensive Cheaper options do exist.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom