US Imports (Zavvi) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Imports | Zavvi.com

Release date: 27/05/2014

All of the Universal and Warner titles are region free but the Anchor Bay titles (Django Unchained, Evil Dead Killing Them Softly, Law Abiding Citizen, Lawless, Lords of Salem and Steve Austin 4-Pack) are locked to region A.

Gladiator & Braveheart are also locked. They're of only a few Paramount titles that were region locked under their 'Sapphire series' selection.

Last edited:
Can't believe they just put up 2 whole pages... fudge that :rotfl:

Wow the lotr didnt last long.

Might go for zodiac if region free (should be) plus incredible hulk and maybe van helsing.

Ahh I fell for the old sold out means not even sold yet routine!

Can anyone confirm which are region a locked? I think most are free despite the notices but id love the steve austin steelbook.

I've only ordered LOTR trilogy for the time being. I don't want to go madand blow a load of cash.

Are these region free also? I imagine the entire lot are y'know.

Can't believe with all the titles being announced/released in the UK alone that Zavvi go and dangle the temptation of about 64 US imports in our faces... and all at onceo_O

Can't keep up with this shit anymore. I'd imagine these don't have inside art either so it's a pass from me.

Yeah no inside art on most (don't know about all), i'm sticking to UK only like i always do any way tbh. Zavvi will probably go and announce UK ones for some of them soon any way at the rate they go at.

I know most are region free but I saw the back of the austin obe said A only and its anchor bay....

That, Killing Them Softly and a couple of othere im not sure on but would like them if region free.

Its a big carrot isnt it? The US steels arent as good as UK ones in the main but now im not a die hard collector I want to replace my horizontals with verticals so Hellboy II, Pitch Black and Incredible Hulk are to go - id still have a phase 1 collection :)

When did they start this? There's a few there I might go for but in no rush as I already owe Zavvi too much!:)

Ah screw it. They really have dangled that carrot. I've just cancelled my orders lol. If this page wasn't put up today then I wouldn't be blowing my money today either so yep, I agree, I'm waiting for 'more than likely' UK versions... These can be picked up most places anyway and will drop in price now Zavvi have them.

Too funny - these are the exact same titles that have been sold on Amazon US for $ 10 each for well over a year now (although the price does goes up and down like a tart's knickers & they are not ten dollars at the moment) but place them on Zavvi and suddenly people are all over them like they were gold plated. - even with the postage charge included, you could get it delivered to your door for £ 9.95 from the USA for most of the last 12 months.

Zavvi attracts UK mugs like flies around poo - do some people not know how to shop at Amazon USA ? click click and you're done ! They could save a fortune and stop Zavvi from screwing them over royally.

I have ordered from amazon.com in the past and will continue to do so when it is cheaper, I will check the prices out first on any I might consider.

Zavvi attracts UK mugs like flies around poo - do some people not know how to shop at Amazon USA ? click click and you're done ! They could save a fortune and stop Zavvi from screwing them over royally.

People aren't mugs for choosing to purchase a title or two from a UK retailer as opposed to overseas. Sure, they are imports wherever they are now sold from but not everybody can make their mind up at specific times, not everybody has the money to buy certain titles at certain times and sometimes people just like to buy because its their perogative.

Everybody is fully aware that amazon.com are home to these titles and that they have been for a while.
They haven't been $10 each for a lengthy period, only as part of sales and sometimes people won't have the money at that time. I wasn't aware that a lot of these didn't have inside art. I go to youtube to do my research as part of 'unboxing' videos and in doing so I've changed my mind on a few steels overtime.

The mere fact that somebody chooses to take £14+ out of their wallet, or bank account, and hand it over to zavvi because he/she wishes to make a purchase isn't anybody's business but their own, regardless of whether or not they are paying over the odds or not, or even if the steelbook has been out ages or whatever else. If people are happy purchasing, for whatever price and from whatever retailer, does not make them a mug. You need to wind your neck in a bit.

I know most are region free but I saw the back of the austin obe said A only and its anchor bay....

That, Killing Them Softly and a couple of othere im not sure on but would like them if region free.

Its a big carrot isnt it? The US steels arent as good as UK ones in the main but now im not a die hard collector I want to replace my horizontals with verticals so Hellboy II, Pitch Black and Incredible Hulk are to go - id still have a phase 1 collection :)

All of the Universal and Warner titles are region free but the Anchor Bay titles (Django Unchained, Evil Dead Killing Them Softly, Law Abiding Citizen, Lawless, Lords of Salem and Steve Austin 4-Pack) are locked to region A.

Isn't packaging from Amazon US a bit risky too or am i thinking of something else? To some it may be worth a little more to get it from Zavvi with less risk of it arriving damaged from the US then perhaps.

Too funny - these are the exact same titles that have been sold on Amazon US for $ 10 each for well over a year now (although the price does goes up and down like a tart's knickers & they are not ten dollars at the moment) but place them on Zavvi and suddenly people are all over them like they were gold plated. - even with the postage charge included, you could get it delivered to your door for £ 9.95 from the USA for most of the last 12 months.

I dont use amazon and imports get damaged easy, I feel better getting refunds from zavvi.

Most people here are smart enough to know these things, dont talk down to fellow collectors ok?

Amazon.com packaging is really poor so you're likely to receive damaged Steelbooks. They'll send replacements or give refunds no questions, but if you want a Steelbook in mint condition, it's probably best to avoid them. It's one of the reasons I stopped ordering from Amazon.ca.

That's what i thought, so currently looking at prices, Zavvi aren't too bad in the end with that considered.

I want to replace my horizontals with verticals so Hellboy II, Pitch Black and Incredible Hulk are to go - id still have a phase 1 collection :)

Don't know if your bothered but those Reel Heroes steelbooks also have printed backs if i remember correctly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom