US GA golf in HD on Eurosport

derek500

Since Setanta took over the rights of the US PGA golf from Sky, I haven't seen much apart from SD highlights on Five.

But now, thanks to Eurosport HD we get a weekly highlights' show in HD on Wednesday evenings.

The PQ is stunning!!

Last edited:

Bachstrad

Novice Member
Thanks for that Derek, I certainly hadn't spotted this! :smashin:

ATB

Max

wednesday83

Took a peek at this earlier and the quality was fantastic. Theres little content in HD on Eurosport usually but when there is it rarely lets us me down in terms of quality.

badkarma

Finally got round to watching this, looking forward to coverage of the Buick classic and was greeted with 45mins of show jumping before the golf :rolleyes:

Quality good though, could do without the 'Native HD' logo in the bottom corner as well as the EurosportHD one.

nikonuser11

what time is this on as I would'nt miss some HD golf but I have:confused:

nikonuser11

its wed, planner set to see my first HD golf, I'm salivating in anticipation

derek500

rub it in why don't ya, don't have sky sports:(
maybe the highlights on eurosport next week:smashin:
The World Golf Championship's are not part of the PGA Tour, so unfortunately not on Eurosport.

There are more than thirty tournaments per year live in HD on Sky Sports, well worth it for a golf fan.

nikonuser11

The World Golf Championship's are not part of the PGA Tour, so unfortunately not on Eurosport.

There are more than thirty tournaments per year live in HD on Sky Sports, well worth it for a golf fan.
I'm tempted Derek, however, US golf on TV is generally a putting competition and soooooooo boring, the european tour however actually show GOLF shots, is there much european tour golf in HD?

derek500

I'm tempted Derek, however, US golf on TV is generally a putting competition and soooooooo boring, the european tour however actually show GOLF shots, is there much european tour golf in HD?
All the mainland European, UK and Middle East events. I believe it's twenty five in total. They also show five from the US, three WGC's, the US Open and US PGA.

wednesday83

It may just be my telly or my sky box, but does anyone else think the golf looks quite poor on SSHD3 at the mo. Given that theres lots of natural sun light, the picture just doesnt seem stunning.

nikonuser11

dunno, thats Sky sports and not Eurosport:rolleyes: however USA Golf PQ was always worse than European so could that be the reason?

nikonuser11

P.S Whats 'Native HD'? thats what Eurosport had bottom right of last weeks golf, whats the other options?

Bachstrad

Novice Member
P.S Whats 'Native HD'? thats what Eurosport had bottom right of last weeks golf, whats the other options?
'Native HD' signifies an HD broadcast. :)

The other options??? Well upscaled SD of course! ;)

ATB

Max

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom