• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

US account in the UK

petekv32

Hi. I recently went to US and purchased a pre-paid sub for live360.
Not thinking it would be regionalized:(
Anyway after several calls to support with varying degrees of success it seems I can use the card if I set up a new gamertag with a US address.
Does anyone know the ins and outs of this?
Things like....
Once working will I only be able to use the US account on live?
Will it bias toward US online games arther than better ping UK ones (with less US kids on!!!)
If too restrictive I shall try to sell it I guess:mad:

Any advice gladly received
Cheers Pete

AVRocky

DO NOT REGISTER A U.S ACCOUNT

I did it once with my old gamertag, in the hope of being able to download stuff earlier than most in Europe.

The problem is that none of the Microsoft Points or the Xbox Live subscriptions you buy in Europe will work on a US account. Regionally encoded.

bazclack

Standard Member
Starfleets said:
DO NOT REGISTER A U.S ACCOUNT

I did it once with my old gamertag, in the hope of being able to download stuff earlier than most in Europe.

The problem is that none of the Microsoft Points or the Xbox Live subscriptions you buy in Europe will work on a US account. Regionally encoded.

I have both a UK and US account on my 360. All working fine and no problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom