1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US / >40" HDTV Monitor 16:9 <$1000?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by happyware, Oct 26, 2003.

1. happyware

happyware

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    like my subject says I'm looking for a new TV. doesn't need to be today or anything but in the before the end of the year.

MY *needs*:

HDTV Monitor (i'm getting the receiver separatly later)
    Widescreen 16:9
    Larger than 40"
    under $1000

Thanks for any websites/links or model suggestions. I'm open to open box buys at bestbuy/circuit city etc so if there is a model someone might recommend that is close to the $1000 mark.... perhaps I can find them locally at an open box buy.

Thank you in advance for the help. I'm fairly dumb in the HDTV relhm but I was looking at some of the non widescreen HDTV low cost projections from APEX and others only to find them looking *terrible* compared to a $1300-1500 retail models.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums...................

I take it from your post that you're based in the USA - these forums are mainly UK/Europe based, though members from any part of the world are welcome. With a specific query such as that above, you'll probably have better luck getting specific advice from members at avsforum.com, which is primarily USA based.

All the best,

Sean G.

3. happyware

happyware

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the nice reply. I'll check at that forum.

Cheers!