US 360 HD-DVD Player in the UK?

M

Mal 5

Hi Everyone,

Found this forum through google, hope someone out there can help me.

I spend half my time in the US and the other half in the UK (originally from UK).
I want to buy the 360 HD-DVD Drive in the US (cos it's cheaper) but will it work in the UK as well?

More specifically can I use it in the US and the UK with both 360s to play HD-DVDs from both countries?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Yes it will work fine, you will need a stepdown convertor for a US one to work in the UK as I believe its 120V only.

But as HD DVD is region free, all HD DVDs will play, whatever XBox its connected to. :thumbsup:

When connected to the US Xbox it will only play (and upscale) R1 standard def DVDs and when connected to the UK machine play only R2 standard def DVDs, that will be the only difference.

i bought mine from movietyme, which is usa based.
i didnt need a stepdown transformer, was just plug in and go.

took a week to arrive

i bought mine from movietyme, which is usa based.
i didnt need a stepdown transformer, was just plug in and go.

took a week to arrive

Didn't you incur HM Customs charges?
AFAIK any item imported into the UK from the USA costing more than £38.00 (or thereabouts) incurs Customs charges and a Royal Mail handling charge of about £9.00 since they process the package on behalf of HM Customs.

I got mine form movietyme as well, they ship from their UK base so no customs charges,
all it needed to be used was a lead with a UK 3 pin plug on the end, I knicked the one from my redundant PS2. :thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think the customs charges are included in the price of £159.99 :eek:
Not much of a bargain.

Not such a great deal anymore but I am pretty sure it was a good £20/30 less afew months ago.

Oh and the customs limit is £18

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom