1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urguent Help Required B4 Rugby in 1 hour, please help.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by brad123, Feb 1, 2002.

1. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Please help. Ive got the new panny AE100 and im trying to watch sky sports on it, how do i do it. Ive got a scart to phono lead with the scart in the ondigital box and the phone in the video of the projector but i cant seem to get owt. Whats wrong please advise what i need to do to get sky sports on my projector with my ondigital box.

Thanks

2. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What signal is being sent along the scart lead? Whatever it is you will need to set the pj to receive it. If it's RGB then set the pj to RGB in. A scart to phono lead will need 3 phonos, usually with sync on green. If that fails you'll probably have to use compsite video.

3. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    the scart is going from the scart at the back of the ondigital box marked TV. The yellow lead at the other end is going in the yellow video socket on the pj. The arial is going into the ondigital box. but theres no picture.

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,660
    Sounds like you have a scart to composite there.
    I don't know what the digibox will need to be set to - I've never used one.
    But the projector will need to be set to 'composite' or 'video' in with the yellow phono cable plugged into the composite input.
    Try plugging this into the video input of a telly to make sure the digibox is outputting the right signal.
    When you've got the signal on the telly then plug it into the projector.

5. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you only have *one* plug on the end of the scart lead then it must be composite (or RF) signal. You'll need to find a way to tell the pj to switch to composite input. That's a feature of scart; it can carry both RGB and composite at the same time on different pins. So assuming that your cable is wired up correctly (v. likely if you bought it) then it has to be composite.

6. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  7. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    if its like my on digital box, you have to go into the menu, under 'tv and video' I think, and set the output to composite video, not RGB.

To get RGB with the pj, I think you'll need an RGB-VGA (or S-video) converter (try rgbtosvideo.com)

8. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Ive got it running through the video to the tv ive attached the scart to the TV laballed scart socket on the ondigital box, the pj has loads of dirfferent signal choices but not one says composite so which is it, the scart going from the ondigital box has 3 leads at the end a red, yellow and black one, the yellow one is for video out and is plugged into the yellow video socket on the pj but still no picture, the pj must have 10 different options of signals so which do i need to choose, the ondigital box is outputting composite as i set it just now to, so what now.

Heive got it on tv now at the mnoment and its working fine but it wont work on the pj.

9. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    OK,

So you've got the ondigital box set to output composite. Good.

The pj's composite input is the yellow one. Good.

Although the pj should detect the signal, have you cycled through them using the input button on the pj? I think its just called 'video'.

The only other thing I can think of is that your SCART lead is composite to SCART, not SCART to composite. So it could be for connecting composite out phonos to a TV with a SCART socket.

So the wires will be inputs, not outputs. What were you using the cable for before?

If you have a little switch on the SCART box itself, try switching it. Otherwise, you might need a different SCART cable.

10. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    it doesnt have a switch,, ondogital box is composite now, the scart has 3 ends and the yellow video out end is in the pj, there are other signal choices in the set up menu of the pj, but nommention of composite, is there another name for composite or a similar signal type under a different name.

I think now its just a case of setting the correct type of signal.

11. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,660
    The 3 phonos from the scart will be yellow (video), white and red (stereo audio).
    composite might also be labelled video.
    It won't be s-video, RGB or VGA.

12. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    the composite input on the pj is just called 'video'. The others are svideo, pc and 'ypbpr (component). So make sure you have the one labelled 'video' selected.

Check the TV system is correct too. Go into the picture menu, select 'tv-system' and see what it says. for the UK it should say 'auto1'. If it doesn't, use the arrow keys to select 'auto1'. If it does, you can always use the arrows to select 'pal', in the unlikely event that the pj can't detect the correct format.

If all this fails, I'm falling back on it being the wrong cable. Can you tell us what you were using it for before?

13. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I'm with Richard on this one. It 'sounds' like the cable is phono to scart and not scart to phono!
    Watch the game on your TV and try another lead later.
    Enjoy.