• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Urgently need to buy an iPhone 6s Cover/Case

snaithg

Apologies for hijacking the "General Chat" thread but I urgently need to buy a Cover/Case for an iPhone 6s that I have just bought as a present for my wife and you guys on GC usually respond quite quickly.

I currently have a trial membership of Amazon Prime (for next day delivery etc.), for this and the fact that Amazon is my vendor of choice, I would prefer to use them for this purchase.

Any recommendations ?

The choice of products on Amazon is overwhelming and I really have no idea what constitutes a "good" "high quality" Cover/Case. What features etc. should I be looking for ? What should I be avoiding ? My wife wont want anything too "Girly", too "Blingy" or too "Fiddly".

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Graham.

snaithg

snaithg

After giving me very strict instructions not to get a "Blingy" or "Girly" cover/case, she is now actively considering one with rhinestones and another one covered in Butterflies.

Women !!! :facepalm:

Graham.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Not a iPhone owner but the spiegen cases are very good

Dony

Distinguished Member
Any HTC M8 recommendations, I was on Amazon myself earlier and as per the OP there's too many choices!

snaithg

My wife is currently going through all the Spigen iPhone 6s cases as I am writing this.

It definitely looks as though she will be getting one of them.

Graham.

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
Why bother with a case? I want my phone to be as small and slim as possible. I've had an iPhone 5 for two years without a case. Lives in my handbag most days (with keys, mini tape measure and a few other scratchy things), slightly buffed on the edges but otherwise fine. They are pretty tough really.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Why bother with a case? I want my phone to be as small and slim as possible. I've had an iPhone 5 for two years without a case. Lives in my handbag most days (with keys, mini tape measure and a few other scratchy things), slightly buffed on the edges but otherwise fine. They are pretty tough really.
So what do you do when it gets broken?

Claim on insurance or buy a new one and suck it up?

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Why bother with a case? I want my phone to be as small and slim as possible.
Quite the opposite for me. My S4 was too thin for me and I kept dropping it. I added case for a bit of bulk, rigidity and protection. I use one of these (the white one) with a tempered glass screen.

84890a33eee4a870d21328358132.jpg

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
So what do you do when it gets broken?

Claim on insurance or buy a new one and suck it up?
Not wanting to be critical, I'm just genuinely curious. It was different with the early phones which were less robust and scratched easily. However, these days, I'm not convinced. A case would need to be pretty meaty to make much difference and then you are carrying a brick.

Obviously, I can see a need in high risk occupations and past times (paddling in white water clearly necessitates a need for something waterproof), but day to day?

Regarding what would I do if it broke, well I haven't broken one in 20yrs (usually keep 2 to 3 yrs before replacing). If I did break one then would depend on circumstances/age of phone as to whether to claim/just buy new.

PS. Picking up my new 6s today :)

snaithg

My wife opted to go for a relatively cheap (£6) Spigen case in the end. She ordered it yesterday but unfortunately missed the "Prime" delivery cut off time so it will not arrive until tomorrow.

She went for a cheap case so that if she doesn't get on with it, it wont be a big loss if she needs to purchase an alternative one.

Graham.

snaithg

Only one choice for me and that's

Sena Ultraslim

We did consider purchasing a "Sleeve" for the iPhone but chose to go for a Spigen case this time around. I've used sleeves before, so have nothing against them, just looking for all round protection which a case appears to offer.

Graham.

Steroc

Not wanting to be critical, I'm just genuinely curious. It was different with the early phones which were less robust and scratched easily. However, these days, I'm not convinced. A case would need to be pretty meaty to make much difference and then you are carrying a brick.

Obviously, I can see a need in high risk occupations and past times (paddling in white water clearly necessitates a need for something waterproof), but day to day?

Regarding what would I do if it broke, well I haven't broken one in 20yrs (usually keep 2 to 3 yrs before replacing). If I did break one then would depend on circumstances/age of phone as to whether to claim/just buy new.

PS. Picking up my new 6s today :)
Wait till you get a feel off how slippy the 6s is in hand. You may change your mind about a case. I've gone from an iPhone 5 which I only put a case on for work (building sites) to the 6s and it feels like it could easily slip out of your hand so keep one on all the time. I also have gone for a Spigen case too like many on here, it's slim fitting, looks decent and is really grippy to hold so gives less worry about it slipping from your hand (The case is purely for prevention rather than protection, I don't tend to drop them often and don't want to start).

Last edited:

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
My slight concern is the size of the 6s which is larger than I'd like. Odd really, for a long time it was all about making phones smaller now we seem to be going the other way. Won't be long and we'll be back to briefcase-sized phones.

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
Sadly I'm remembering even earlier than that!

My husband used to project manage building sites. It would often take at least three months to get BT to connect phone lines, so in the interim the site phone was a "mobile" phone which was the size of a large briefcase. We borrowed it on a few occasions to house hunting. We'd look at the house from the outside, then sit in the car and call the agents for a viewing appointment:
Agent: Where are you now?
Us: Just outside the house
Agent: No, I meant where are you phoning from now?
Us: Our car, just outside the house
Long pause generally followed.... :)

Dony

Distinguished Member
Sorry for jumping in on your thread, pure coincidence I was on the hunt at the same time. Like your good wife, I've gone for a cheaper £5 option and will see how it goes.

My wife opted to go for a relatively cheap (£6) Spigen case in the end. She ordered it yesterday but unfortunately missed the "Prime" delivery cut off time so it will not arrive until tomorrow.

She went for a cheap case so that if she doesn't get on with it, it wont be a big loss if she needs to purchase an alternative one.

Graham.

Ordered this one, cheers. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom