1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent tv replacement opinions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dmach22, Feb 21, 2003.

1. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    At last some good news Yippee!
    I have been offered a replacement set of any make model of approx same value as my faulty 32pw9527. What should I choose? I will be using a sony dvpns900v, grundig freeview box and panasonic svhs video. I am certain that I dont want another philips pixel plus set. Or should I go the whole hog and use it as a deposit for a 37in pasasonic plasma
    sets I'm looking at
    tosh 32zd26
    sony 32fq80
    jvc 32hd25
    Any opinions
    thanks in advance

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I'm also looking at a repacement set after being granted a full refund after three faulty replacements

I'm considreing paying a bit more any going for the FQ80 or the philips 9527 but am scared to death of the problem's being reported here

maybe I will get another panny ,maybe the ph40 ?

is the philips that bad ???????

3. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    well in my opinion the pixel plus setting is horrible. but the normal 100hz setting was ok and the sound was very nice. I would have probably kept the set if it had been repaired properly but the experience of waiting 10weeks for it to be not fully repaired has put me off buying a philips tv again.
    thanks

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Well I just had a replacement set and paid a bit more for the Sony FQ80 that replaced a FX66. The FX66 I had, had a problem which include white clouds and a few other minor things but it had a good picture the best I seen and had no buzzing.

The FQ80 I got today Is FANTASTIC. Beat the hell out of the FX66 I had. The picture is way better, dont get much digital atifect either on this set. Also so far touch wood no buzzing.

I really wish i went for the FQ80 at the start in which I was going to, but get tempted to save money and go for the FX66. But the extra for the FQ80 is well worth it.