Urgent Steam Help Guys

messenger

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I really need some help here;

I reloaded my OS last night so after installing Steam I got the usual prompt about Steam guard & a code getting sent to my registered email address.

Well this code is never getting sent to my email address, I added all the pre requisites to my spam filter to make double sure nothing could block Steam Guards message but its still not being received. So I try support & it tells me to complete their form but when I try to submit my query it again says it wont submit until I add the Steam Guard code just sent to my email address & guess what I'm not getting this either.

It does appear all Steams avenues of sending the "Steam Guard code" aren't getting sent & the problem is their end? Been waiting 8 hours now for one !

Is there a phone number Steam can be contacted on or do I just sit here forever waiting for a Steam Guard code I may never get?

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated..

Do you have a phone you could install the Steam app to? I'm not sure if you'll just run into the same issue there, but might be worth a check while you're waiting.

Did u set up the steam mobile guard thing? You sure its the email code and not the changing code from the mobile app it is wanting?

Hi & thanks for the reply;

I tried installing the Steam app, after completing my login details it says a code has been sent to the registered email address & this needs to be entered before I can proceed setting up the app on my phone.

So all support is based around these Steam guard codes being sent to your registered address but if you never get a code you get no support ?

Arrggghhhh this is so annoying

Ive had to use these codes from new logins many many times (a dozen or more) from new installs etc over the years and have never had issue with it being sent. Litterally by the time i have clicked and looked over at phone my gmail alert has popped with the code. Within only a few seconds.

Can only assume it may be a minor blip with steam or your email at this moment.

Ive had to use these codes from new logins many many times (a dozen or more) from new installs etc over the years and have never had issue with it being sent. Litterally by the time i have clicked and looked over at phone my gmail alert has popped with the code. Within only a few seconds.

Can only assume it may be a minor blip with steam or your email at this moment.

Yeah just like you I've created new logins many many times from new OS installs and never had a problem, always had the email more or less instantly, but this time round its been a BIG problem. I've checked email spam folders, even added Steams email addresses to my Safe Senders list but nothing. Also I'm getting my other emails fine so no problem my side.

I can only imagine Steams system is not sending mails right now but no with news of this I'm growing more bald & grey by the minute :)

Solved ...

Changed my Steam email address from BT one to a Gmail one & BAM instant email verification code.

Who knows what the problem was but finally I have my Steam library back,, phew...

Who knows what the problem was...

Changed my Steam email address from BT one to a Gmail one & BAM instant email verification code.

Hmmmmm going to need this guy I think...

frontpagecolumbo1.jpg

Solved ...

Who knows what the problem was but finally I have my Steam library back,, phew...

So wrong email address then!:laugh:

So wrong email address then!:laugh:

Lol... no the email registered with my Steam account was not getting the Steam code email message, after changing the registered email with Steam to my Gmail a/c I got the verification code.

So it's either something wrong with BT mail or Steam just doesn't like sending codes to BT mail addresses. In fact it's probably the later considering BT are supposed to be taking Steam to the high court.

Bt mail is full of issues at the moment. Bloody annoying as I have had my bt email address for 16 years now

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom