Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Urgent Setup Query

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by galewis1, Nov 26, 2004.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Strata 5 on loan from a dealer, but I am having trouble setting up the high level connection with the neutrik connector.

As I understand it, I should connect the red wire to the amplifier's right speaker red terminal, yellow to the amplifier's left speaker red terminal and black to either one of the black terminals.

However, I am using an Arcam AVR300 which allows me to use channels 6 & 7 to bi-amp the front left and right channels which is how I have set it up with appropriate speaker cable. So I guess I'm right in saying that I'm running mono-blocks effectively?

Connections, again as I understand it, should be, red wire to the right monoblock red terminal, yellow wire to the left monoblock red terminal, and black wire to ground at, according to the manual, the pre-amplifier. I can't find any such point on the AVR300. The manual then states that if my pre-amplifier doesn't have a dedicated ground terminal, then to use of the chassis screws at the back of the pre-amplifier. Trouble is, my amp is integrated. Can I just attach to any one of the chassis screws on the back of the AVR300, or will this cause damage?

Thanks in advance for any prompt replies as I've got to get it back to the shop on Monday.

Gary

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary you're not running it as mono blocks it is Bi amplifired you just want to connect the Neutrik to Pos & Neg as described in the Manual / Yellow & Black to the Left Speaker + & - / the Red to the Right +!

John

3. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Top banana... Thanks buddy.

4. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    What do you do if you DO have monoblocks and no ground on the preamp?