Urgent Setup Query AVR300

galewis1

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the REL subwoofer forum, but it won't hurt to ask here as well.

I have a REL Strata 5 on loan from a dealer, but I am having trouble setting up the high level connection to my AVR300 with the neutrik connector.

As I understand it, I should connect the red wire to the amplifier's right speaker red terminal, yellow to the amplifier's left speaker red terminal and black to either one of the black terminals.

However, I am using an channels 6 & 7 to bi-amp the front left and right channels. So I guess I'm right in saying that I'm running mono-blocks effectively?

Therefore, connections, again as I understand it, should be, red wire to the right monoblock red terminal, yellow wire to the left monoblock red terminal, and black wire to ground at, according to the manual, the pre-amplifier. I can't find any such point on the AVR300. The manual then states that if my pre-amplifier doesn't have a dedicated ground terminal, then to use of the chassis screws at the back of the pre-amplifier. Trouble is, my amp is integrated. Can I just attach to any one of the chassis screws on the back of the AVR300, or will this cause damage?

Thanks in advance for any prompt replies as I've got to get it back to the shop on Monday.

Gary

The AVR300 will not be behaving as a mono block in this situation. Connect the wires to the main amplifer ouputs. I would use the amps you have attached to the low frequency part of your speakers to go to your sub. as this is less likely to cause any degridation to the spekaer ouput. However you can try both as it doesn't matter which you use.

Regards,
Andrew

Thanks Andy......

I have my REL Stentor wired in this manner to a Musical Fidelity A308 which is a dual mono design and it works fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom