Urgent Question: Analog football on Sony kv-28fq75

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gait27, Oct 20, 2001.

1. gait27

gait27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He guys,

Since I'm about to buy a 100 Hz TV, I was looking around for different models.

One guy at a tv store, and my father, told me that really fast moving scenes like football(on analog tv) look really bad on 100 hz tv's. No mater how good the movement compensation is.

Now I think I heard saying that the FQ75 range from Sony had the solution. Can it switch between 100 hz and 50 hz or what?

What is the benifit from the DRC-MF tech???

Wat would be the ideal 100 hz tv for watching analog football???

2. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Gait27

I have 100hz (Sony FX 60) and the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Yes it is not ideal on fast moving stuff and it would be graet to turn it off which I think a particular Sony set can do. I have for months drolled at a 36inch DRC TV - picture is much improved to other TVs in my opinion.
    If I was buying a TV again it would be a 100Hhz that I could switch off with DRC.

3. Iancity

Iancity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought the Sony 32 FQ75 purely because of the 100/50 hz switching, and spent a lot of time researching which model as I watch nowt but footie. Despite other problems (see my thread) I find that with all digital 'thingies' on and 100 hz there is a definate keep up factor involved, i.e. the camera follows the ball and everything else seem blurry until the action stays relatively still and the camera catches up. I was hoping after 6 months that I would get use to it but not so, if anything it now seems worse (although that may be due to my picture quality, again, see thread).
    However, the worst bit is that with all the digital bits off and the tv in 50 hz mode I CAN TELL NO DIFFERENCE!. The camera still plays catch up. Now this may just be me, or my set, but I can find very little difference at all between the two modes.
    My only advice is a) e-mail me and I will go into more detail or
    b) take a dvd of a footie match (mufc is the only one i can think of) and ask to see it demo'd (most good stores will do this) and see for your own eyes.

Good luck and I hope this was of some help.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 100hz picks up the faults in transmissions more than a 50hz set. So don't go blaming the 100hz tv for poor quality transmissions.

Sometimes the compression is too high and that really makes watching the football look like a cartoon (ok a bit extreme but the grass looks like it was drawn by crayon). However, other times when less compression is used, you can't see any obvious faults.