1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Panasonic TH42PW6 help required

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by baldie, Jun 29, 2004.

1. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone help me......I have just ordered the above screen along with a TH42TM6Y board. I was lead to believe that the screen had 1 scart input, after phoning the shop (very unhelpful but cheap), I am now advised that it has no Scarts but the board has a Component and S Video input, does anyone know if this is correct. If so what cables do I need to purchase?

All I want to connect is Sky+ and a Panasonic SCMT1 Home Cinema kit which apparently has one RGB scart, 1 SVideo, 1 Composite video.

Anyone any ideas as I am completely clueless........?

Thanks

2. melle

melle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PW6 dosnt have any scart in the basic outfit. You´ll need an extra card.

Regards andreas

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    You would be best to buy a JS RGB to plasma box.

And connect the RGB from you av amp to the sky box and the RGB out of the sky box to the RGB converter and this into the vga of the plasma.

That is if your amp does not give a video signal all the time it is on, and only when a dvd is played, otherwise you want see sky when trying to run the sound through the amp.

http://www.js-technology.com/rgb-vga/index.htm

4. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the posts......The more I look at it the more confused I get.the JS converter to VGA looks a good bet, however, in the meantime, can I use the S Video cable for Sky + (does Sky have S Video output) and then just plug it into the DVD when I want to watch that?

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Has your receiver got an input for S-video??

If it has on av1 or such like, then yeah you can put the s out of the sky+ into the receiver and run one s-video cable to the plasma.

the board you have is well worth having as it lets you use s and component or RGB/H/V, which I am sure you will want in the future.

But you could just get a JS converter, and use no board at all. at least with the board you can get somthing plugged in today.

6. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Home Cinema Kit has one RGB scart, SVideo Output, Composite Video output.

Is there a cable I can buy that is a Scart at one end, i.e. for Sky and will fit into the board at the other end as a component?

Please excuse me if I am being thick. Or will the board come with such a cable?

The board has/is...BNC Terminal Board (Composite, S-Video, Audio In, Component Video, Video In/Out)

Therefore, what cables and connectors would I need to play Sky + , the above Home cinema package on the Plasma?

Thanks

7. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Yeah you could buy a JS RGB componet converter, and then plug it into the component board, but you may as well buy the RGB to VGA converter as it will give you slightly better image.
    Your cheapest option would be to buy a scart board instead of the component/S dual slot board, but the scart board gives a softer image.