1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent : opinions needed (SVT150).

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mc6pack, Jul 10, 2004.

1. mc6pack

mc6pack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a SELECO SVT150 (from a pub) in my possession.. I have been offered it for £100. Is it worth it ?
    Can u still get lamps etc for it..

i've never had a projector before but ive already requested a manuals from sim2.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Only you can say
    First off this projector will stink of smoke and the tar that gets inside will eating at the electronics as we speak.
    The 150 really never was much of a machine for home cinema.
    You can still get replacement parts including the tubes, but you would probably be able to pick a better unit than spending the money retubing.

3. BenC

BenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I used to own a 190 which is similar. Assuming the tubes are burnt out you'll be able to achieve an OK picture, but if they are burnt then give it a miss. Re-tubing would be far too expensive.

I had mine for around three years and it went wrong quite a bit. I ended up selling it as scrap as I coulndn't justify more expense to fix it. Now I have an SVP400 which is far superior, but has already gone wrong once!

My advice would be to save up more cash (£1K - £2K) and do it with a second hand projector more up to the job.