URGENT: Need urgent help for my philips tv!!!

I

Ingram

Hello

I was reading up here on accessing the service menu on philips tv's and i got into it. I hav'nt touched any settings or anything. I pressed the i+ butten after entering the menu to exit it and now i have SAM on the top right of my screen, how do i remove it.

My model is a philips 51cm flat screen, model 21PT2302

after I know how to get out of it i need to move my screen up a tad, and (when using component) i have a huge black border on the right side of the screen, i need to move the screen over.

Its alright, i realized u just have to go to standbye mode to exit it.

Now can you guys convince me it will be ok to enter the geomentry menu and move the screen over a tad for the component channel, dvd's are fine, but games are annoying, especially when they dont have a move screen option.

this tv cost e 630 AUD, and its 3 days old, i dont wanna %$^& it up.

Enterning the service menu won't destroy the TV as long as you're careful to note down ALL the original settings!

Hope it works out ;)

By the way, on the latest models you can exit the service menu by pressing the menu button (the number of times will depend on where you in the menu)
This definitely works on the 8717 & 9527.

Can you guys walk me through this.

these are the errors I need to fix...

1. The borders on DVD's (top, bottom) are not even, I need to shift the image up a bit.

2. I noticed that the borders are not the same thickness all the way across the screen (thicker in the middle). Is this fixable?

3. And finally the "not cetered screen" problem I have with Component. If i edit the geo settings to make it right will it just change the settings for that channel or for all my channels?

Arrrrrrr, this sucks. I went into the menu, and edited the geo settings, i was increasing the HP (Horiz) postition and all it does is tilt the top have of the screen, it doesnt move the whole screen over.

I went into the verticial options and that only increasing the size of the image from the bottom (it stretchs the image)

this tv sucks in the SAM options, I hope there is another option to move the screen over, plz help!!!

other options in hte SAM are...

Clear: ? (does this reset everything?)

Options > Op 1, 176

AKB: 0 is the value

Tuner > IFPLL 30

White Tone >

Geometry > Horizontal > 30
> Verticial > 34

Audio >

Originally posted by rct
Enterning the service menu won't destroy the TV as long as you're careful to note down ALL the original settings!

Hope it works out ;)

Not true Im afraid.
I entered the service menu, noted everything down and was extra carefull but still managed to completely bugger up the geometery in everysingle screen mode.
I don't know why or how this happened but I know Im not the only person this has happened too. Its not something I could fix myself either even though I had all the original settings jotted down and I've had to get a replacement TV set.

You enter the service menu at your own risk, I've learnt it can all go wrong without making a mistake. Remember, your not supposed to know the service menu exists let alone be messing about with it. These things are best left to engineers.
My advice would be don't touch the service menu unless you absolutely can't live with the geometry issues (I can tell you that fault no.2 in your list isnt fixable because thats the same fault my set had) and cant get an engineer to give it the once over before hand.

To move the screen to the right you need to change the EWW settings. (Again at your own risk!)

My menu is a little more user friendly, n e way i just noticed that if i switch from Component to a free to air channel i see the image shift over the right, but when i switch back to component it moves back giving me the big black line on the right. I'm considering taking the tv back to get it replaced but whats to say all the tv's have this problem? I dont want to limit myself to S-video because my tv has a problem with component.

Originally posted by Jimmi
Not true Im afraid.
I entered the service menu, noted everything down and was extra carefull but still managed to completely bugger up the geometery in everysingle screen mode.
I don't know why or how this happened but I know Im not the only person this has happened too. Its not something I could fix myself either even though I had all the original settings jotted down and I've had to get a replacement TV set.

You enter the service menu at your own risk, I've learnt it can all go wrong without making a mistake. Remember, your not supposed to know the service menu exists let alone be messing about with it. These things are best left to engineers.
My advice would be don't touch the service menu unless you absolutely can't live with the geometry issues (I can tell you that fault no.2 in your list isnt fixable because thats the same fault my set had) and cant get an engineer to give it the once over before hand.

To move the screen to the right you need to change the EWW settings. (Again at your own risk!)

Im pretty sure each channel has its own personal setting. If i take the tv back and get it replaced whats the chance that it will not have this problem?

It sounds like you need to shift the image a fraction to the right.
What have you got going through your RGB connection ?, because the problem is possibly being exhaggerated if your using a games machine (games machines usually shift the image to the left anyway). Try usuing something like a DVD player via the RGB connection, if the image fill ths whole screen from left to right then you know the issue is more with your games machine than the TV set.

Ah I've just read you previous post where you state DVDs are fine.
The fault is with the games machine mate, except its not really a fault as such rather video games machines seem to shift the image to much to the left as standerd. Don't know why but my Dreamcast does the exact same thing. Its a video game issue, your TV sounds fine.

Its my PS2, the whole menu and ps2 boot up logo is not centered, it is'nt actually the games themself. But i still notice the shift to the left when I enter Component mode (I can tell cos the actual tv OSD pictures shift)

My tv does'nt have scart (RGB) if thats what you mean.

but its extremly annoying, and it does'nt do it with S-video or Composit.

Since this problem can be fixed (most games have a screen movement option except THPS3 :mad: ) i guess its not to much of a worry. But do consoles like the Xbox have this problem?

I found out where the HSH and EEW modes are, and I can change it all with out any problems. I'll just leave it as the default for now (changing it changes all the channels) and when ever I get a game with-out the screen adjustment i can just do it manually. Hell I can even strech the screen Verticially to remove those curseed borders :D

Thanks for helping.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom