Urgent - Need an Expert.

Ash77ah

Standard Member
Reaction score
Or should I use Vista - I'm only intrested in getting the best Windows media Centre.

Have you considered using Windows 7 RC, and taking advantage of the 49.99 preorder (if anywhere has any left, may end up being 79.99). I personally think the media centre in Windows 7 is far better than Vista (or XP)

id go for vista. tho feature wise its not massivly different to mce, its alot prettier on that big lcd.

also id be carefull of these cheap upgrades. ive never trusted any upgrade edition microsoft have released. if win 7 is your bag then wait for oems.

and yeah your hardware looks fine.

also id be carefull of these cheap upgrades. ive never trusted any upgrade edition microsoft have released. if win 7 is your bag then wait for oems.
It's not an upgrade edition in europe it's full retail. It requires a fresh install. Why do you think OEM is better than an upgrade edition?

All looks good to me :cool:

I`ve been using Win 7 RC 64bit on my 8GB core 2 desktop been running XBMC with very low cpu usage for MKV dvd rips without issue.
Its been reported that win 7 will utilise core 2 cpus better than `older` operating systems.
I`ve got 3 win 7 hp on pre order :smashin:
Good price on the quad as well

I dont know if youve ordered your parts yet, but that is a bit overkill for a media centre pc. But if you really do want to get a quad, do you plan to overclock it, if no, then no point getting the Mobo youve chosen. DFI are not noob friendly overclockers and can be quite picky boards when it comes to ram, but i actually have that same board and it will work fine with the chosen memory. Im just saying if your not planning to overclock, save the money and get a lower end board and use the money to get a bigger HDD.

another thing is lan party motherboards tend to come with a lot of stuff that you dont need,they are what they say,lan party boards so if you are going to carry your pc all over to lan parties thats fine if not i wouldnt bother,also the memory you are buying is only 1066mhz,you would be better off getting a lower end mobo with 1333mhz fsb and spending the extra on some 1333mhz mem

after all the quad core is 1333fsb too

hope this helps

mick

GIGABYTE, EP45C-DS3, " P45 ", 1600FSB, DDR3+DDR2, 7.1 SOUND, GB LAN, SATA2+ATA133,F/WIRE £111

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD " Q8200 ", 1333FSB ,INC FAN/HEATSINK, £144

CORSAIR 6GB KIT, 3*2GB XMS3 DDR3 MODULES, 1333MHZ £86

this would be my choice ,depends on your budget

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom