Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Urgent - john lewis sony tv dvd and vcr price match

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mkcheznous, Jan 27, 2004.

1. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a price match (about to run out) from J lewis on a 32fx68 and was wondering if anybody had got them to honour the dvd/vcr bundle on a Sony TV when a price match is involved.
    :(

2. s-p

s-p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'd be interested to hear more about this DVD/VCR bundle. Just put a request for a price match in and might be tempted with adding those on. Need a new VCR and I could always give the DVD player to the parents (who have as of now don't have one).

Which model of the DVD player and VCR are being offered? How would one go about enquiring about this offer? I don't live close enough to any John Lewis sadly to be able to pop in and seek this information out.

3. cupcake

cupcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was a few months back now, but JL did honour a free DVD player when they priced matched 32FX68......the JL store was Peter Jones in London, and the Price Match with Total Digital. If they kick up a fuss tell them that they can't put a value on an item that is free.

4. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is a different offer. If you buy a sony TV they will give you £100 off the cost of a dvd and vcr. I don't know the details of the models or what the actual amount you pay is as it is just shown on one of those advertising blurb cards put on top of the Sony TV's in the store.

If I get into the store in the next couple of days I will let you know.

5. cupcake

cupcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aaah.....even so, I can see no reason why they would not honour the deal.:smashin:

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,134
    just curious - how long do they give you to make your mind up (presumebly after they 'ok' the pricematch)?

Dean

7. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    14 days

8. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    John Lewis in Glasgow matched £709 for a KD32DX50 and then offered my gf a video and dvd player for an additional £80 or so. She didn't even have to ask for the offer.

9. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ordered a 32fx68 with dvpns330 dvd and slvse730 vcr today at John Lewis came to 850 aprox with my price match and £100 off the dvd/vcr bundle.
    Delivered next wednesday.

Anybody any views on the dvd / vcr models ?

10. bulletiain

bulletiain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mkcheznous,

Did you have any problems getting the £100 off for the DVD/VCR bundle ? Did you agree the £100 reduction with the shop or with the telephone undersales ?

I have followed your precedent, I have a price match offer from JL Milton Keynes for the KV32FX68 and I am also interested in the DVD/VCR.

What do you think of the equipment now that you have it ?

11. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had no problems getting the £100 off, which means I paid an extra £120 for the DVD/VCR.

I have since returned the DVD and got £99.50 back which means the VCR cost me about £20 - result !

I did not actually try out the DVD - I read some reviews that rated it average against toshiba, pioneer and yamaha opposition (I can send the PDF reviews if you want) and I feel I want one that will play Jpegs as well. I returned it with the box still sealed.

The VCR has a very fast rewind and also a common interface with the TV which means set up is really easy to set up. I would give the picture 4/5.

The TV has a very good picture (if you ignore my ignorance with widescreen - see other threads), a lot better than the one demonstrated in John Lewis.

I have one outstanding question (see other threads), which relates to sound using an xbox as a DVD player, where I get a little distortion on high treble sounds. Other than that (which is a pretty extreme situation and could be the xbox), I am very happy with the set so far and the John Lewis delivery guys were very good. Beats the pants off my old 21'' Phillips.

12. imran999

imran999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    who did they match with out of curiosity?

13. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Electrocentre (Digital Point)

14. rakeshm

rakeshm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a dx150u price matched to total digital to 850. they also threw in the standard deal of video and dvd player. absolute bargain considering currys are selling the bundle for 1200 not incl the 5 yr guarantee... deal of the century as far as im concerned

15. rakeshm

rakeshm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a dx150u price matched to total digital to 850. they also threw in the standard deal of video and dvd player. absolute bargain considering currys are selling the bundle for 1200 not incl the 5 yr guarantee... deal of the century as far as im concerned

16. stewaw00

stewaw00

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did I read that post right, you got the KD32DX150 plus DVD plus VCR for £850?

What DVD and VCR did you get thrown in, or was it a combined unit?

If it's £850 for the lot I'm off to John Lewis tomorrow!