1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent info needed from HD945 owners

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ray, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

If you have an HD945 have you played an SACD yet ? And if so does it suffer from no output through the sub i.e the same problem that the HD745 has ?

Has anyone contacted Samsung about this and got a response i.e is it going to be fixed via firmware ?

I have an HD945 on back order with Pixmania. Stock is due tomorrow so I still have time to cancel (just !). SACD is important to me so no output through the sub equals big :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Ray :thumbsup:

2. newbiebie

newbiebie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont have one but have been considering for a while. The manual says it outputs DVD-A and SACD as 2-channel only...

3. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I think you'll find that is if you connect it using the digital coax/toslink. Analogue 5.1 connections will (should!!) play multi channel.

Any 745 owners found a fix yet ?

Cheers

Ray :confused:

4. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If you Samsung player is connected through a home cinema receiver/amp with some sort of setup screens make sure your speaker setup is set to "small" and not "large" otherwise bass frequencies, usually below 150Hz (approx), which would activate your sub, will not be output through the bass RCA socket on your amp/receiver. Hope that makes sense.

I found this out using my Pioneer D2011 amp although it wasn't listed in the manual. Speaking to other people with subs, this seems to be quite common on amps/receivers which allow you to setup the parameters for the 5.1/7.1 channels.

Check this before you cancel your order.

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    This does make sense laser but I don't think that's the issue. Though setting speakers to small does indeed divert bass frequencies to the sub, leaving them as large still means the sub will be fed the LFE channel. Anyway DVD-A works for the sub and SACD doesn't with exactly the same speaker settings. It feels like a software bug to me on the 745...PJ

6. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Worth a go. Hope you get it sorted out. :D

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    No probs, not really bothered about this bug though - as I say I use the 575 for SACD which has more controllability anyway...PJ :)

8. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You may not be bothered ! I've dropped a note to Samsung TEch Support. Will let you know if they reply with anything meaningful or a weasly excuse :mad: (expected).

Ray

9. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Yes, didn't mean to suggest that it shouldn't be fixed. I agree it's a significant and obvious issue.

Be interested to know how you get on...PJ :)

10. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've just cancelled my order with Pixmania as the availability date has gone back a week plus I didn't realise (until someone mentioned it on this forum) that it's shipped from France and would have to be returned there is there was a problem.

If Samsung come back to me re: fixing the SACD issue I'll let you know and start searching again for a supplier.

What other (cheapish) options do I have for a HDMI SACD/DVDA DVD player ?

Ray :(

11. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think the Samsung HD 950 is just round the corner (it was 'announced' in March) so you may wish to hang on? Oh, and don't buy ANYTHING from Pixmania. Ever. Full stop.

12. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Bad experience ? Tell all

Ray

13. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ...not me exactly, but type Pixmania into the search and you will get a good idea of what kind of company they are. One example - they actually charge you for a basic 12 month warranty, otherwise if it breaks down 2 hours after purchase you've had it. They also put extra things into your shpping basket (they added about £12 to mine) while you are purchasing without asking. And it's French.

14. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Yes they do try to add a couple of items to the basket but they can be removed - naughty all the same.

Didn't read in detail about the warranty but either way the manufacturer covers the item for 12 months and as it's a French company it may be easier dealing with the UK Samsung contact if there are probs. I think the warranty they charge for is an "enhanced" service, or something like that.

They were pretty quick shipping the 745 to me, it was a decent price, and it was extremely well packed. The only complaint is the plug - they should make it clear it's a euro spec and should include an adapter FOC.

...PJ

15. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The plug was one thing that miffed me as well - although there was a euro adapter in the (Samsung) box. That's a good point you mention regarding dealing with Samsung directly if there is a problem - i'm always the first to scream at the shop directly rather than the manufacturer.

16. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    ...hmm either I'm blind or they don't ship an adapter with all units... I'll re-check the box tonight, but it's a bit late now either way - I snipped the euro plug off and replaced it with a UK plug. ;)

Yes you should usually contact the retailer first because it's them you have the contract with, but in this case it may be best going to Samsung direct if there are any issues...PJ

17. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Had to return a faulty archos jukeboxe from pixmania about a year back. Had to be sent to france at a cost of > £30