1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott686868, Dec 23, 2003.

1. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a Z1 to try from the shop, the picture is pink and i cant get it away. its connected with component video cables, tried connecting it with just a yellow video cable, composite? and its still pink, any ideas pleaseeeee

2. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty Pretty Please ?

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Scott,

Can't think of any suggestion other than to check the colour settings on the PJ - if it 's a demo unit from a retailer then someone may have faffed about with the colour setting - if there's a "warm" setting (which I usually find to have too much red in - couldn't watch a movie like that.........) or check the R, G and B settings (not familiar with the Z1 menu settings) then that may be the issue. I'm assuming you haven't connected the component cable the wrong way around, as you say you're geting the same result using composite... have you tried other sources, just in case......

Sounds like the PJ settings to me....

Sean.

4. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive checked the component cables, it was working and now its pink, got the three component cables in and the video, ive tried it with just the video and just the component cables but still the same, still looking at the settings, cheers anyway

5. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Had this with my Compacks 5000. What I did was go into the set up of the player and change output to the component rather than the rgb scart etc. Then everything was ok. Hope that helps??

Dean.

6. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it was something to do with the settings. I only seem to get a picture when the component video cables are connected AND the yellow video cable, is this right, I thought the yellow video cable would be for connection a video recorder ??

Not toooo bothered as i have to take it back to shop after new year and get a new one which will be all mine, also got a Harmon Kardon DVD30 which i am well pleased with as both give a great picture against a plain old Magnolia painted living room wall, temp measure till loft conversion is done, anyway, thanks for all your help

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    You should get a picture with either just component or just the composite (yellow) lead connected. Are you sure that you have your component leads connect properly and that they are all working. I had a similar problem to this the other month where i was swapping the component leads between the dvd player and xbox (i only had one set at the time) and i hadnt plugged a colour in properly and the image was pink. It was soon rectified by plugging the said colour (cant remember which one) in properly.