1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT Help with LG RE-44SZ21RD needed!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by whipitup, Sep 24, 2004.

1. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We bought an LG RE44SZ21RD DLP TV.
    The first one had this problem:

When playing a Video, (conected with a scart lead) and I went to fast forward I get the usual "quick" picture for about 3 seconds then the screen goes blank and I get a "NO SIGNAL" message on screen. On rewind I get about 15-20 seconds of picture then the screen just flickers a mixture of picture and blank screen. I tried changing Scart cables over, and changed with Scart port I use, and now I'm stumped.
    We dont have this problem when using an RF cable only.

Empire Direct have replaced the TV this morning.............and it's got the same problem :mad: :mad: :mad:

The LG service centre said there was a fault with the TV but 2 new one's???
    I'm begining to think it's a design flaw and LG dont want to admit it... :censored: :censored:

Need help urgently, can anyone else who has this TV see if they have the same problem :lease:

2. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really could do with some info on this one Urgently as the engineer is comming around this afternoon, and when he finds the there IS a problem I've gotta decide what to do.

Help PLEASE

3. pmccurdy

pmccurdy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember reading a thread with someone that has this problem but it wasnt with the LG tho but it was with a RPTV. Try searching for it, good luck.

Im assuming this is VHS?

4. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks to:

Lion, Blasthand and Dazw for their PM's at least now I know it's a problem with both the TV's and not a design fault. I just hope the next one E.D. send out works properly.

I'm just beging to wonder how many TV's/time off work for delivery I have to go through before we get this sorted.

I hope it's not a bad omen as regards the reliability of L.G. TV's

5. drcooper

drcooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had this problem before but not with my DLP TV. I once had an akai VCR (hooked up to a Sony CRT TV) that had three speeds of fast forward picture search, on the fastest speed you could see the picture for about 20 secs then all I got was a blank screen, almost like something couldnt keep up, anyway it never really bothered me so I didnt investigate to establish if there was a fault or if it was just a characteristic.

6. DazW

DazW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Just tried the video on my LG and its fine. Have you tried yours with a different video player? Or a different scart?

7. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Daz,

Ive tried our main VCR (a newish Panasonic - decent model) and our old Sanyo (heap o *****) neither worked with any of my scart leads in any of the scart sockets.

What VCR do you have?

Cheers for the responce...... :)

8. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this on www.bikersoracle.com/vfr (it's a bikers site but also the font of all knowledge :rolleyes: )

Sorry to post in here but I need a quick reply........ :rolleyes:
    We two Saturdays ago we had delivered our new TV. An LG DLP rear projector bought from Empire Direct off the net.

At first all seemed OK, but the folloing day when I played a Tape from the VCR (connected via a scart lead) I tried to fast forward the tape and the screen went blank after about 2 seconds and it then displayed "No Signal". (same in play/rewind)..... :mad: :mad:

To cut a long story short, after a visit from an Engineer, and contact with LG customer services the TV was replaced last Friday with a new one.

The 'new' TV has the same problem. We have also tried our 'spare' VCR on the TV (a Sanyo) and it displayed the same problems as before.

Empire Direct sent out another Engineer last night, he has subsequently spoken the LG and it now looks like 'they' are going to say it's a compatability problem between our VCR (a 4 year old Panasonic) and the TV and in fact there is nothing wrong with the TV at all.
    Empire Direct have allready offered us a full refund or exchange for a different make of TV, but the problem is, is that the only real alternative is a Plasma display, which:

Is more expensive to buy (approx £350)
    Is more expensive to buy extended warranty for (£550 for 3 years as apposed to £199 for 5 years)
    The picture on that price of Plasma display is'nt as good as DLP and you get screen burn (which you dont on the DLP)

We have sold our old TV to a member of this site and we have also bought an Alphason table for the new TV which cost £267.

So, the question is, is where does that leave us? I dont want a refund/ exchange as there is'nt a similar alternative, we cant send back the table as it came flat packed, is fooking heavy and there is nothing wrong with it.

There was'nt any warnings from LG or Empire Direct about possible compatability problems, so who's responsible? Can we get LG or Empire Direct to provide a VCD/Recordable DVD that WILL work?

I was hoping to buy a recordable DVD in the future, but I dont want to be forced into it right now

I need advise quickly as I'm expecting a phone call from the engineer to tomorrow and I'd like to know my rights if they get stubbon.

The responce have been mainly 'your ****ed Rog' but I have also had PM's stating the compatability issue is bul****.

I nearly at my wits end :suicide:

9. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think they're probably right about it being a compatibilty problem (even though you didn't want to hear that I'm afraid). The signal coming out of a VCR is going to be ok when you're watching it at normal speed but when you go into any sort of variable speed mode then output 'technically' becomes much 'worse' (remember in 'shuttle modes you're only interested in viewing a picture to get you to the play point you want) The output of the VCR in this mode will have all manner of glitches and spikes on it's output and it's that thats probably upsetting your tv - the tv is looking for a relatively smooth set of syncs on the incoming signal and when it is unable to satisfactorily detect syncs pulses within the video signal it gives up and says - there is no signal here (and probably 'blanks' the picture on your tv) - all pretty standard stuff in the tv world. You have been very patient over this and I would suggest that you contact the supplier of the tv (or LG) and ask them to suggest a VCR model that is compatible with your tv, having ascertained that I think you should then ask them to supply it to you at cost - I think a reputable supplier would do that for you. On an unrelated point - Plasmas - screen burn is only a problem if you leave a staionary picture in the same place on the screen for many many hours - it's not usually a problem in a domestic environment and I would not let it put you off buying one if you like the picture. The problem with Plasmas is that due to the nature of the materials used the efficiency of the 'blue' output reduces with time, but even then it will take many years for it affect you. Hope you get a result over a compatible (heavily discounted) VCR. regards, yt.

10. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Does anyone know what VCRs will work on the LG?

11. horribleman

horribleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Surey cheapest and best option is to replace the VCR?