• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Urgent help required.

I've got a few PMs going with John Lewis, have a couple days left on a Sony 40V3000 pricematch and have just got the Panny's PM'd.

I'm torn between the Sony 40V3000 and Panasonic 37/42PX80

I'm primarily wanting this TV for HD stuff, 1080p, 720p etc.

However I will be watching *some* and I say that tentatively SD stuff from freeview.

I do play games, but I have my dell 24'' monitor as well and because 360 is such a bad source I may use it through this still.

The panny isn't 1080p but I've heard the difference is neglegable, I don't know for sure what I think about this and alot of the time it seems to come down to the settings etc.

I like both TVs and quite simply cannot decide which one to buy, I could do with some advise.

thanks,

muttyhc.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
For your uses I d get the sony as you get full advantage of the resolution,and for the little SD it will still be great

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom