Urgent help required - Sony DCR-PC55 Owners

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Weggie, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Weggie

Weggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have just purchased the Sony DCR-PC55E primarily due to its size and have just tested it out.

The camcorder does not seem to focus properly. When I pan around the room, everything is out of focus until I stop and give it a second to regain the focus.

For a £445 camcorder this is terrible as it should stay in focus regardless. I am not even talking about fast movment just normal body movement.

I have checked the settings and everything is fine and can find no mention in the manual other than to make sure the focus is set to auto rather than manual.

Where do I stand on returning under the distance sellings act if it has been used?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    Auto focus is very dependent on the light in the room. If the room was poorly lit, even with standard house lighting you may find it is not that good for most DV camcorders and therefore the focus could well be hunting around. This is not a problem with your camcorder as such, but more the limitations of the auto focus system.

Mark.

3. Weggie

Weggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Thanks the info. I think I will try at returning it. My friend doesn't get the same problems with his Canon MV750i in similar conditions so I can guess that the Sony software is rubbish. I expected much more than that. :(

Does any one own the DCR-55E and suffer from the same problems?

4. Kings

Kings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a PC53, similar to the PC55 I think but just one less input jack, my focus is spot on, I am well impressed with the size of the camcorder and have no problems whatsoever.
    I have not read the whole manual yet but I am sure there is a section on manual focus, perhaps yours is set to manual ??

Hope you sort it out.. :thumbsup:

Kings

5. Weggie

Weggie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Thanks for letting me know. It set to auto and it is good to hear other people's comments.