Urgent help required re: Yamaha RX-V359 vs Samsung AVR610

stevetlizard

Standard Member
Morning forum folks

I need some urgent help regarding the above two receivers. I've recently bought a Yahama RX-V359 and a CA DVD86 dvd player to replace my ageing Sony davs300 all in one system. The problem I've got is that the Yamaha has no input for a non-active subwoofer. What I'm thinking of doing is returning the Yamaha for the Samsung, which has a separate hook up for a non-active bass speaker.

The questions I have are as follows:

1. Is the Samsung an inferior receiver, with regards to sounds quality? I'm not too worried about being able to connect multiple devices as I've only got the DVD player and SkyHD connected.
2. As the Samsung only has one optical input, will I be able to connect both my SkyHD box and DVD player digitally? Possibly SkyHD via optical and DVD via coax, both still able to decode DD 5.1.

My other option is to keep the Yahama, which has two optical inputs for DVD and Sky, and buy a separate active subwoofer.

Any help greatfully appreciated as, if I need to return the Yahama it needs to go back today.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom