Urgent help required on deciding my laptop!...3choices

FelixGibson

Standard Member
Need urgent help deciding a laptop.

I've brought it down to these three:

Buy Samsung R510 15.4in Laptop. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Acer Aspire 6530G Laptop LX.AUS0X.142 - Laptops Direct

Play.com (UK) : Acer Aspire 6530 - 704G25Bn / AMD Turion RM-70 2.0GHz / 4GB / 250GB / 16" / Blu-ray / Vista Home Premium / Laptop / Notebook (LX.AUS0X.142) : Computing - Free Delivery

With the last two, as far as i can see...the 2nd one has the exact same features as the last one, but the last one includes a blu-ray player...but in the end it is actually cheaper?

Am i missing something from it?...maybe im mistaken...Also, im just double checking before i buy, the x2 means a dual processor...right?

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Yeah the x2 means it's Dual Core - single processor with a dual core that acts like 2 processors.

What are your requirements for the laptop?
What will be doing on it?

If you're going for gaming the Acer has the advantage because of the graphics card :thumbsup:

FelixGibson

Standard Member
Yeah the x2 means it's Dual Core - single processor with a dual core that acts like 2 processors.

What are your requirements for the laptop?
What will be doing on it?

If you're going for gaming the Acer has the advantage because of the graphics card :thumbsup:
Thanks.

I'll be using it for a bit of gaming, but mainly doing Uni-work along with surfing the web.

I think i'd like to have the dedicated graphics there in the machine as when i think about what i'd like, its just something that i wouldn't need to update THAT much in the future.
IMO the 3things that are hardest to upgrade in a laptop are the Screen, processor and the graphics card.

If i can get these things spot on, the rest are easily upgraded IMO!

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

I'll be using it for a bit of gaming, but mainly doing Uni-work along with surfing the web.

I think i'd like to have the dedicated graphics there in the machine as when i think about what i'd like, its just something that i wouldn't need to update THAT much in the future.
IMO the 3things that are hardest to upgrade in a laptop are the Screen, processor and the graphics card.

If i can get these things spot on, the rest are easily upgraded IMO!
Yeah, the main concern i'd have if it was going to be used for gaming in the future as you say is the graphics, so dedicatd graphics is ideal for that, processor and screen are also both quite important, having done a fair bit of gaming on 15" laptops I must say the Acer screens aren't all that bad for it!
Though they're obviously no match for a good sharp fast responsive TFT.

I found that the average priced (£500 or so) Acer laptops usually play quite a lot of new games to reasonable standards, i've had 2 Acer laptops and both have served me well, but I don't do much gaming these days so i've kinda lost touch with laptops for gaming.

The one posted is a laptop i've seen a lot of people talk about and good things be said about, but at the same time still see a lot of people who aren't big Acer fans and really dislike the build of them.

IMO they're good laptops and the one you posted looks ideal to me.

Top Bottom