1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"URGENT!" HELP REGARDING PURCHASE OF DENON-2910/3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by crank, Jul 30, 2005.

1. crank

crank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I HAVE JUST ORDERED A DENON 2910 FROM MY LOCAL DEALER FOR £500.00 WHICH IS DUE TO ARRIVE NEXT WEEK!. I WAS QUITE HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE,THAT IS UNTILL SOMEONE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE 3910. NOW IM UNDECIDED!! AND ONLY HAVE UNTILL MONDAY TO MAKE MY MIND UP AND GET ON THE DAMN PHONE AND CANCELL AND RE-ORDER IF THIS IS THE CHOICE I COME TO. SO CAN ANYONE HELP IN MY CHOICE ALL INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. IS THE 3910 REALLY WORTH THE EXTRA £250.00 IT WOULD COST ME? OR HAVE I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!.... :confused:

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Ive got a 3910 and if you can afford it then go for it. But if you preffer to save money then the 2910 is a good player.

Something else to think about is that HD DVD and Blu Ray are just arround the corner so it might be better to save money and use it for these newer formats when they come out.

The biggest differences between the 2910 and the 3910 are in the Analog video side of things. (better DAC in the 3910) but if you were to use HDMI or DVi-D for a digital picture then there probably wouldnt be as much of a difference as the 2910 and 3910 have the same board/system.

The 3910 is better for Audio. Many have said that it has better sound over all.

More conections too. For sound and video. Does the 2910 have both HDMI and DVI?. I know the 3910 does for a fact.

The 3910 is slightly better overall (build quality) than the 2910. You just need to decide if you are willing to spend the extra or not.

There is always a better player, no matter what you buy! (There is also a 5910 by the way, but its over kill in my opinion.)

If I were you I would go for the 2910 or even the 1910 and save my money for HD DVD and/or Blu Ray once these players start coming out.

3. crank

crank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CHEERS MATE!!IVE ASKED A FEW QUESTIONS TODAY ABOUT THESE AND HD DVD ETC AND YOURE THE ONLY ONE THATS GIVEN ME ADVICE THATS UNDERSTANDABLE AND MADE ME THINK ABOUT MY CHOICE IN A POSSITIVE WAY REGARDING THE FUTURE AND THE UPCOMING FORMATS ETC!!!! :smashin:

4. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Glad to be of assistance. I think most of the members who have been here for a while already know all this stuff and might get tired of telling other people. Dont take it personaly!
    This is a good web site with lots of really good information.

If you look back on older posts you could probably answer all your questions and any more you will have!