1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Help Please...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MattDJ, Feb 15, 2005.

1. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Today im going to look for a replacement lcd screen, but was wondering which freeview box to go for.

Top Up tv is not essential.

I need it in silver, with 2 scart outs, and the best picture and sound... any ideas?

Any with two tuners for viewing and recording maybe???

Also, theres a Panasonic Freeview HD Recorder, with TWO tuners, does this mean I can record one and watch one? And more importantly can I record one to my dvd recorder and watch one (if i dont want to use the HD)?

Im going today, so any help would be appriciated.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    The Sony VX800 is an excellent Digibox IMHO. Fully complaint with the 7 day EPG, excellent picture and sound and well supported.

Several producers have HDD Freeview recorders available: Panasonic, Humax, Fusion, Thompson and Pace. If you are willing to push the budget these are highly recommended (obviously do a search to find which one will suit your needs).

No - none of them will do this was it would require two MPEG decoders.

3. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Excellent... so the Panny HD wont send two different outputs then? How does it do this and record to its HD? Would it not need two encoders to do this?

Thanks!