1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

urgent help needed

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by mr chadwick, Mar 28, 2003.

1. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im going to buy a xbox at the weekend and xboxlive.i have broadband provided by freeserve and an alcatel speedtouch modem.
    so can i just rock and roll or do i need to buy anything else.

anyone currently using freeserve for xbox live your advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

2. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You'll need to be able to share you internet connection with your Xbox, so you'll need either a router (costly) or an ethernet card in your PC.

If you haven't got an ethernet port you can pick one up cheap from dabs.com - you can even get USB ones if you haven't got a spare PCI slot.

Once you've done that just setup ICS (detailed on xbox.com and you're away.

3. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice one mate.

just checked that and it appears you need to be running windows 98 se at the very least.im on plain old 98.doh!!!
    another stumbling block to overcome.

thanks for your help anyway.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    DSL routers are not expensive if you know where to look. I picked one up from www.mircrodirect.co.uk for around £35.

Works really well, I connect my Desktop, laptop and Xbox to my NTL broadband connection. Although it can be done via a P.C it is more difficult to setup for the novice in my opinion but works just as well. Router also has the advantage of being able to connect up to 4 devices up to the net at the same time.